Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #46
vinoth
vinoth began at the beginning.

Device: none
thanks alot ivanjt!!! i will try that out today... you guys are supposed to be in R&D department.....
vinoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:52 PM   #47
treasawright
treasawright began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeypie View Post
Hi! I'm new to the site and the pe. So I'm sorry if this has been answered recently, but I've read through and nothing seems to work for me. I purchased a pocketedge and when I go to use the Store app it tells me to register, then gives me a "Network Connection error. code 80." I've tried several dozen times!
Have they brought their site down for good? Is there anyway I can get past this and browse/purchase things from the store without registering?
Do I need to manually update the os using the usb tips?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you for your time!
need help
treasawright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #48
treasawright
treasawright began at the beginning.

i need help
treasawright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #49
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi treasa, welcome!

First, have you read the sticky thread started by Obsessed2 for new Pocket eDGe owners? It should answer most of your questions about registering and first steps.

If you have a problem please give as much detail as you can so we can help. For instance, do you have a Pocket eDGe or the larger (10") version? What do you see on the screens? If you know, what version of the operating system is your device running?
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #50
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasawright View Post
i need help
With what?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #51
kath314
kath314 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
I've seen your posts on mobileread about how to bypass the registration issue on entourage edge. My problem is this doesn't work....

I went through and followed the advice from the thread titled "Resources for new edge and pocket edge owners". I followed the advice on updating the android....

...I'm happy with how things went, but now that I've done it, I'm hoping to transfer some google books for reading on the left side of my entourage. I tried the advice on touching each corner with my pen, but it didn't work. Do you have any advice???
kath314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #52
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kath314 View Post
I've seen your posts on mobileread about how to bypass the registration issue on entourage edge. My problem is this doesn't work....

I went through and followed the advice from the thread titled "Resources for new edge and pocket edge owners". I followed the advice on updating the android....

...I'm happy with how things went, but now that I've done it, I'm hoping to transfer some google books for reading on the left side of my entourage. I tried the advice on touching each corner with my pen, but it didn't work. Do you have any advice???
The next thing you need to do is enable Digital Rights Management on your eDGe if you plan to read books purchased from Google.

Please check this out: http://support.google.com/books/bin/...&answer=179863

Also, take a look at my Resource Sticky to help you enable DRM on your eDGe and how to transfer books to your eDGe. Then jump down to the Books section for more reading information. If you plan on buying books, Barnes and Noble and Google are among your best choices if you want to be able to read on the e-ink side. Some books can only be read on the LCD side (e.g. Kindle books). Welcome to the forum and let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-08-2012 at 12:42 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #53
RobsMarian
RobsMarian began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket
I am new here and wondered if the "red" entourage is different? I just got mine yesterday. BTW thanks to all with the tip to bypass the registration!
RobsMarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #54
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsMarian View Post
I am new here and wondered if the "red" entourage is different? I just got mine yesterday. BTW thanks to all with the tip to bypass the registration!
The red version is no different other than the color. I own a black PE and my son has a red PE and they are the same.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #55
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsMarian View Post
RED are better!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:56 AM   #56
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Go Team Red!
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #57
wence
wence began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge,pocket edge
thanks this worked thank you very much.
wence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #58
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wence View Post
thanks this worked thank you very much.
Excellent! !!