Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Accidentally "remove from device" app instead of uninstall

I downloaded an app and return to Amazon. I "removed from device" instead of uninstalling. Ooops..... Don't know why I did that.

Anything I can do to fix this goof? Since I returned it I can not redownload and uninstall again.

What a goon.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
When you removed it you did uninstal.... Whats the problem not understanding?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
If you removed it from your device, I think it's now in the Cloud.

If you want it, simply install again.

If you want to delete it entirely from your account, I think you have to do that from the web.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #4
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought the KFHD was like a computer, you must uninstall. If you just delete from device doesn't that leave garbage behind?

This was a returned App, so I can't redownload and uninstall.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
When you delete an app from a tablet, all of the data is deleted as well.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
new

Why is there an option to "uninstall" then? If just deleted does the same thing? I find this rather strange.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #7
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Why is there an option to "uninstall" then? If just deleted does the same thing? I find this rather strange.
Just different terminology that means the same thing. On the fire, removing from the device is the same as deleting/uninstalling.

Go to your amazon manage my account and look at your apps and devices. If your apps list (can be several pages) does not show the app that you wanted to return you are good to go.

Edit: Reread your o/p do you still have the app on your kindle? Can you still run it or see it?

Last edited by DustyDisks; 01-04-2013 at 12:28 PM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
Just different terminology that means the same thing. On the fire, removing from the device is the same as deleting/uninstalling.

Go to your amazon manage my account and look at your apps and devices. If your apps list (can be several pages) does not show the app that you wanted to return you are good to go.

Edit: Reread your o/p do you still have the app on your kindle? Can you still run it or see it?
No it is gone, Amazon removed it for me on cloud. Gone from device too.