Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #16
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
Well, I already kinda went for it in a different way

I've reduced the font-size used by ctb in listview on my DR. I couldn't reduce the line height by much though, but horizontal space is most important to me, so I'm pretty satisfied now with my setup.

Now that I have more available horizontal space I can perhaps add more columns with useful info (like the tags on a book).
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #17
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Released version 2 in first message.

Changes:
- integration with CTB's LastRead view: books opened with Navigator update their lastread time
- new window for LastRead items: can open books or containing folder
- new window for last visited folders
- small UI improvements with new icons
- code cleaning

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #18
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Inigo, integration with 800+ would be great. Now before install this and then have to uninstall it in a few days, is your new version of 800+ coming up very soon or will it take a while?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #19
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Inigo, integration with 800+ would be great. Now before install this and then have to uninstall it in a few days, is your new version of 800+ coming up very soon or will it take a while?
It will take some time, next week I'm in a trip to London and next 2 weeks I'll be on holidays, and my wife expect far from computers ;-)
Old 09-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #20
Iņigo
Guru

Released version 3:
- new actions: delete files, mark as unread, create shortcut, open containing folder
- new virtual folders: shortcuts, recently added, recently opened
- in-program help, added README file to package
- code refactoring and cleaning
- fixed some bugs

Download from first message in thread.

Enjoy,
Iņigo
Old 09-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #21
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
This is great, thank you! I missed this nice release for DR.
Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #22
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Works great, thanks for the improvements ! A completely minor remark (maybe it is on purpose?): the icon for the new version has changed and is now identical with the icon for the inbox manager, so I changed mine back to the one of version 2.
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #23
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
Works great, thanks for the improvements !
wait for the new enhancements I'm currently coding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
A completely minor remark (maybe it is on purpose?): the icon for the new version has changed and is now identical with the icon for the inbox manager, so I changed mine back to the one of version 2.
I've got that nice icon and included as Navigator current icon as I prefer it.
The reason is because Inbox Manager has been/is/will be obsoleted by Navigator (and metadata in the DR, btw).
OK, I will explain this.

My (future) workflow for new books added to the DR:
I've configured DR to disable automatic thumbnail generation

-> connect with usb and copy new books in proper folders
-> run Navigator -> Go to Recently Added virtual folder (configured with 100 max items)
-> select books and edit: one by one or in batch mode (bulk)
-> fix title and author, generate cover thumbnail, set tags

Ok, this is the idea

We are almost there, I've already written the code to edit book metadata one-by-one (working superbly), and this weekend I'll write bulk edit.

Later I have to study Mackx's hack to see how he implemented multiple tags in global.db, and then add it to DR800+ and Navigator. I think this will be the hardest part.

Sound ok to you? ideas?
Iņigo

EDIT: added a screenshot. Doesn't it look gorgeus?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	navigator-viewedit.png
Views:	508
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	76158  

Last edited by Iņigo; 09-05-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:42 AM   #24
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

That makes perfect sense of course. Looking forward to navigator v4
Old 12-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #25
Iņigo
Guru

New (hidden) release

Hi all,

I've been making some improvements to Navigator during past weeks.
My initial plan was to finish the features and make a final release before end of year, but last weeks I've been quite busy so I haven't been able to write the code and new documentation, so it won't be possible.

As I will be a couple of weeks away on holidays, I'm posting now a raw new binary here as a season present ;-).
I don't include the full package, neither an updated documentation [1]. To install it, uncompress and substitute navigator binary in your DR device.

Hope you like. Best regards,
Iņigo

[1] You can always read the sources and see the new features in BitBucket repository as they are coded.
Attached Files
File Type: gz navigator.gz (73.4 KB, 436 views)
Old 12-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #26
fekhner
Addict

thanks for the present, just installed it!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #27
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
Hi everyone. I've been playing with this a couple of days as advised by Iņigo and here's my thoughts.

-I maintain my library via a computer and I just copy stuff to my readers for, well, reading and proofreading with annotations, etc. so I don't need the metainfo edition stuff (read: I won't work with it a lot, ever) but I think it is very cool, almost exactly what I'd dream of if I needed it. Good job!
-I mostly navigate the folder hierarchy in my SD card or go directly to recent/last folders so the streamlined UI would be perfect for me if Navigator were integrated on DR800+/MackxPatch and could be launched at system startup, effectively replacing CTB. Currently I have to open 'shortcuts' and launch Navigator, while I am just one tap away from 'navigating' via CTB upon boot...
-Granted CTB wastes a lot of screen space, but Navigator's font is too small and I don't need to cram so much info on the screen anyway. I'd prefer the font size to be selectable.
-If file names include the extension, the 'type' column is kind of redundant. Wouldn't it be better to take extensions off the file name column so there's a little more space for long titles, and put a small question mark (or whatever) on the type column next to 'unknown'/unregistered extensions/types?
-I rarely need to look at timestamps, others won't need extensions. What about some dialogue box to specify what columns to show, and in what order?
-It would be very nice to know what files are [not] annotated.
-The zebra-colouring of the table certainly improves readability, but it would be better if it were white-and-grey instead of grey-and-greyer.
-Make more conspicuous the column destined to select files for multi-file operations.

I know Iņigo says he is mostly off DR development now, but iRex is dead anyway, so this still looks like our fattest chance to see improvements some day... ; )
---

On a different note -- @rvs, you say you modified the font used by CTB to save screen space. Would you mind explaining how you did it, or linking to a how-to?

Last edited by MrWarper; 09-24-2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Wording
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ctb, file browser, navigator