Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-20-2011, 12:54 AM   #1
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
I hate the eReader storage error msg

So I pulled out a micro SD card that had some Epubs on it and I promptly get this message. I @#$@#$ing hate getting this message. Now I have to reload my books and remember where I was in them. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'm very frustrated.

But otherwise I really, really like my Kobo Touch.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:21 AM   #2
rjcroy
Bibliophile
rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kobo Touch
Yeah, this bug is generally quite unpopular.
But I'm sure that the Kobo software developers are well aware of that too, and they have promised a fix, but not a date.
rjcroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
If you're using Calibre to load them onto the card, you might want to go to Preferences -> Sending Books to Devices and then change the "Save template" text string to (without quotes) "{author_sort[0]}/{id}". That will send them into directories on the device, ordered by the first letter of the first listed author's last name, and turns the filename into a number, for example "4391.epub". Apparently this solved the error for some people (at least the corruption that seems to have been caused by filenames with underscores and other special characters in them).
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:44 AM   #4
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, the Calibre problem might be it. I loaded some books onto a Micro SD card and that might've been the first time I inserted the Micro SD card onto the Touch. Maybe. Can't recall now.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:45 AM   #5
TonyToews
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcroy View Post
Yeah, this bug is generally quite unpopular.
But I'm sure that the Kobo software developers are well aware of that too, and they have promised a fix, but not a date.
Yeah, well, that's part of the reason I whined. One more pile on to add to their list.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
EricLandes
Connoisseur
EricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle PW, Kobo Aura HD, Galaxy Note 10.1
I've had this bug hit me now, and both times it occurred immediately after losing power while reading a sideloaded book.

I don't recall if I've lost power while reading a Kobo-purchased book, and I don't use an SD card.
EricLandes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
Ham Cannon
Enthusiast
Ham Cannon doesn't litterHam Cannon doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony Reader 505, Kobo Touch, iPad 1, iPhone 4
I've had this bug three times, and I've never used the device for anything except books bought from Kobo.
Ham Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricLandes View Post
I've had this bug hit me now, and both times it occurred immediately after losing power while reading a sideloaded book.

I don't recall if I've lost power while reading a Kobo-purchased book, and I don't use an SD card.
Can you explain what you mean by "losing power"? Are you reading while still connected to your computer or a charger?
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #9
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
I think everyone is on board with you! This error is so annoying. If I get it one more time, I'm switching back to my Sony. Mostly I've just hit Cancel when the message comes up, but then my current read doesn't show up correctly and my Reading Stats get screwed up. I just did a factory reset, sideloaded some books, and.... error. *sigh*
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:31 PM   #10
therealjoeblow
Zealot
therealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Samsung Android Tablet w/Moon+ Pro Reader
Ditto - as per my message in one of the other numerous threads on this issue.

Devs: FIX IT PLEASE!!! It needs to be bulletproof like the thousands of other USB devices out there that NEVER corrupt themselves like this!!!
therealjoeblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:03 AM   #11
EricLandes
Connoisseur
EricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipseEricLandes can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle PW, Kobo Aura HD, Galaxy Note 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
Can you explain what you mean by "losing power"? Are you reading while still connected to your computer or a charger?
I mean I'm reading fine, then the Kobo decides the battery is too low to continue and shuts down. When I charge and power back on, I start seeing the error.

The annoying thing is there aren't any battery warnings. I know it's getting low (battery graphic is 1/4 or less) but it just starts the shut down. I'd like to get a "you really should charge soon" warning or something.
EricLandes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:06 AM   #12
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
I had the battery suddenly dying without warning thing the other day - wouldn't want to miss out would I!
Luckily for me it wasn't associated with a storage error.
Is there a low battery warning on the Touch? I've never seen one - but I haven't really been using the Touch much lately as all the errors are spoiling my reading and I'm fortunate enough to have other options.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #13
Pistos
Connoisseur
Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Pistos could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Touch
The only time I saw a battery low warning screen was after attempting to wake up from sleep. It woke up, then showed a screen telling me that I needed to charge. After charging, I was good to go, no issues.
Pistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:46 AM   #14
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I was reading on my KT yesterday when the screen suddenly went black and it told me that I needed to recharge the battery. This was nonsense as I had recharged it the day before. So I turned it off (normally I just switch it to Sleep mode when I finish reading), turned it on again, cancelled out of the usual Storage Error message and went back to my book, with an almost full battery showing. Since then it has been fine.

Ah well, as Eeyore said, "It's only a small piece of weather."
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #15
rjcroy
Bibliophile
rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I was reading on my KT yesterday when the screen suddenly went black and it told me that I needed to recharge the battery. This was nonsense as I had recharged it the day before. So I turned it off (normally I just switch it to Sleep mode when I finish reading), turned it on again, cancelled out of the usual Storage Error message and went back to my book, with an almost full battery showing. Since then it has been fine.

Ah well, as Eeyore said, "It's only a small piece of weather."
Yes, exactly the same thing happened to me a couple of days ago.

This subject belongs in another thread though.
rjcroy is offline   Reply With Quote