Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #166
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
I'm not sure it's called (full justification?) but I don't like words being split by a hyphen and finished on the next line or the next page. Any settings to stop it from doing that?
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #167
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
I've not noticed this in any of my books under cool reader. Could this be a word split set in the original ebook?
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #168
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
I'm not sure it's called (full justification?) but I don't like words being split by a hyphen and finished on the next line or the next page. Any settings to stop it from doing that?
If the hyphen was not hard coded into the book then just set CoolReader's hyphenation dictionary to NONE instead of whatever you have it set to now. With it set to NONE the only hyphens that you should see are ones that are actually in the book file. The drawback is that with full justification there may sometimes be rather large spaces between words to reach both the left and right margins.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #169
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!
Old 02-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #170
kamerunka
kamerunka began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 70
hello,
I like coolreader it is a great application, but i have a problem after today's update.
I am using archos 70 for reading and it does not have hardware buttons for back, menu, home and search, it has software ones instead.
after today's update the buttons are not visible, they are covered by the reader which although it provides more space is inconvinient. can you please revert to the previous functionality or better make it an option.

thank you
kamerunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #171
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
If the hyphen was not hard coded into the book then just set CoolReader's hyphenation dictionary to NONE instead of whatever you have it set to now. With it set to NONE the only hyphens that you should see are ones that are actually in the book file. The drawback is that with full justification there may sometimes be rather large spaces between words to reach both the left and right margins.
Thanks, I had the same concern as RockdaMan.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #172
RockdaMan
Banned

So...what is a hyphenation dictionary, anyway?
Old 02-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #173
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamerunka View Post
can you please revert to the previous functionality or better make it an option.
It is an option. You have to turn off "full screen". The only problem is that if you open a book without turning it off, you can't get back to it.

Try uninstalling, re-installing, and then setting the option in Cool Reader before opening a book.

And I agree that it should not be "full screen" by default.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #174
kamerunka
kamerunka began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
It is an option. You have to turn off "full screen".
if I turn off full screen, it shous notification bar et the top, but not soft buttons at the bottom.
And I am ok (prefer) not to have notification bar, but i need the buttons at the bottom
kamerunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:15 AM   #175
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamerunka View Post
if I turn off full screen, it shous notification bar et the top, but not soft buttons at the bottom.
And I am ok (prefer) not to have notification bar, but i need the buttons at the bottom
Turning off Archos soft buttons (real fullscreen) has been requested by one of
Archos users.
It's turned on by changing of package permissian (hardcoded), and I don't know whether is can be turned off programmatically.

You can download newer version, 3.0.43-5 from
SourceForge

I've turned Archos fullscreen feature off.
Also, some crash scenarios fixed.

BTW, from reading mode, you can exit using menu (tap center of screen, press "more" buttin in menu, then select "exit".

From Browser mode and other dialogs - it looks like there is no way to exit program for now.
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #176
RockdaMan
Banned

Two questions: How can I specifically increase the space between the end of one paragraph and the beginning of another one? I've got the line spacing maxed out, but I'd like to make the paragraphs stand out more, one from the other.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #177
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
Two questions: How can I specifically increase the space between the end of one paragraph and the beginning of another one? I've got the line spacing maxed out, but I'd like to make the paragraphs stand out more, one from the other.
Can only see one question there?

Anyway, it depends on the format that you are reading. Paragraph formatting is set by the CSS in the EPUB file, unless you have disabled it. You can use your own CSS for most of the formats that CoolREader can handle. Since I like a generous amount of white space in books, I use CSS to both indent the first line of a paragraph and space it down a bit from the preceeding paragraph. Buggins told about using CSS in his User's Guide here:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...oid_user_guide
I got the SourceForge samples that he provided and diddled with them until I got a display presentation that I liked.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #178
Rocco66
Rocco66 began at the beginning.

Device: Android: HTC Desire
Hi,
I really like Cool Reader and I am very exited every time I see a new version coming out. But since some time, I have a problem:
I can not make my custom css in \.cr3\ recognized by Cool Reader. Every book is formatted different, due to the internal css of the books.
I read, that there is a switch to enable the external scc, but I can not find it in the versions, I tried so far. Can someone guide me through the process? Thank you so much.

regards Rocco
Rocco66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #179
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco66 View Post
Hi,
I read, that there is a switch to enable the external CSS, but I can not find it in the versions, I tried so far. Can someone guide me through the process? Thank you so much.

regards Rocco
It is easy, if you have the current version of CoolReader.

Tap MENU, then MORE, then DISABLE DOCUMENT INTERNAL STYLES.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:36 AM   #180
Rocco66
Rocco66 began at the beginning.

Device: Android: HTC Desire
Ah, I found it. It is in the market version, only.

I know how to enable and disable it, but nothing happens. Every book is still using it's own css. Was there a cange in the css format or the way to store it?

I am back on 3.0.40-6. This version is working for me.

Regards
Rocco66
Rocco66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader