Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #31
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I haven't taken a screenshot in awhile, but pretty sure in the root directory on the ereader. They're not buried anywhere in weird subdirectories.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:12 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I haven't taken a screenshot in awhile, but pretty sure in the root directory on the ereader. They're not buried anywhere in weird subdirectories.
Thank you. When I'm ready to take some screenshots, I'll edit the config file, take the shots and then undo it as I don't want to lose use of the power button.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #33
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just double checked that now, definitely in the root directory, and they're saved in .png format, they turn out very nice and clear. I really wish there was a way to keep the screenshot ability on always, but it's risky to be without the power switch if things ever need resetting with it.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #34
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I just double checked that now, definitely in the root directory, and they're saved in .png format, they turn out very nice and clear. I really wish there was a way to keep the screenshot ability on always, but it's risky to be without the power switch if things ever need resetting with it.
With a sleep cover, enabling the screenshots is a lot less dangerous. But, when I enable them on my Touch, I have to plug into the PC to get it to wake from sleep. In any case, it doesn't stop the hold for 20 seconds to force the power off and the pinhole reset can still be used.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #35
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
With a sleep cover, enabling the screenshots is a lot less dangerous. But, when I enable them on my Touch, I have to plug into the PC to get it to wake from sleep. In any case, it doesn't stop the hold for 20 seconds to force the power off and the pinhole reset can still be used.
I just tried it on the Glo and held the power switch for 30 seconds and it didn't power off. If it would work like that where you could power it off to be able to use the power switch and light button to do a manual factory reset I'd leave screenshots enabled always. But I don't see how to power the reader off once that line is added to the file.
Advert
Old 12-08-2014, 09:11 PM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I just tried it on the Glo and held the power switch for 30 seconds and it didn't power off. If it would work like that where you could power it off to be able to use the power switch and light button to do a manual factory reset I'd leave screenshots enabled always. But I don't see how to power the reader off once that line is added to the file.
Looks like my memory failed. I just tested and the power switch didn't do anything. I suppose I haven't worried about it as I don't turn my devices off. And the pinhole reset will restart it if it hangs. But, I don't leave the option on all the time either.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is the screen of my H2O using my footer setting in the post at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=26
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	469.0 KB
ID:	132204  
Old 12-08-2014, 11:31 PM   #38
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Looks like my memory failed. I just tested and the power switch didn't do anything. I suppose I haven't worried about it as I don't turn my devices off. And the pinhole reset will restart it if it hangs. But, I don't leave the option on all the time either.
I never turn my readers off either, but there have been several times when my Glo completely locked up for no reason (not a bad book, no idea why it happens but it can). The pinhole reset did nothing, plugging in the USB cable to the PC did nothing, power switch did nothing, it was just completely locked and unresponsive. The only way I finally got out of it was doing a manual reset using the power switch + the light button. If that wasn't available, it would be contact Kobo time.

While lockups haven't happened in a long time, as much as I'd love to always have screenshot capability like my Sonys do, knowing that it can happen makes me leave the setting off. To have to connect the reader, edit the file, eject reader, take screenshots, connect reader to fetch the screenshots and then edit the file back again, is just (for me anyway) too many hoops to jump through for something that should be a standard feature of the firmware.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #39
karamasova
karamasova began at the beginning.

Device: h2o
There is a little problem with Brightness fine control pacth

Spoiler:
Quote:
patch_name = `Brightness fine control`
patch_enable = `yes`
replace_int = 975B4A, 10, 01
replace_int = 975B7A, 10, 01

If enabled the patch on my h2o, There are certain values that i cannot control as controlling bar. I tried to change the value of the brightness to '29', but it shows the different value.

Last edited by karamasova; 02-07-2015 at 11:31 PM.
karamasova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #40
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by karamasova View Post
If enabled the patch on my h2o, There are certain values that i cannot control as controlling bar. I tried to change the value of the brightness to '29', but it shows the different value. also, it is same situation when i try to control as '58'. I think it doesn't apply not only the text, but also actual brightness on the device. exactly just for these 2 values. but not bad.
That problem has been around for so long that I might actually miss it if it went away...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #41
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
If enabled the patch on my h2o, There are certain values that i cannot control as controlling bar. I tried to change the value of the brightness to '29', but it shows the different value. also, it is same situation when i try to control as '58'. I think it doesn't apply not only the text, but also actual brightness on the device. exactly just for these 2 values. but not bad.
That's been my favourite gripe for a long time now. As doubleshuffle said, I'd miss it if it went away now.

Without the patch and using the slider, you'll notice the same thing, just harder to notice though the mess at 56-58 is easier to see.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #42
dash.
dash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy bluedash. can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kobo H2O
Just Patched my H2O and its great, Im especially happy that this huge default footer space is gone now.
Thanks, GeoffR.
dash. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:26 AM   #43
karamasova
karamasova began at the beginning.

Device: h2o
Quote:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Custom footer`
patch_enable = `yes`
#
# Changes the footer text with something shorter
# (not sure how it affects translations)
#
replace_string = D1BCE8, `Page %1 <i>of</i> %2`, `%1 / %2`
</Patch>
Can we make the footer text aligned to the left?.....
karamasova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:01 AM   #44
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Can we make the footer text aligned to the left?.....
I tried adding a text-align: left; property to the Custom reading footer patch, with and without !important;, but it doesn't have any effect.

It might still be possible, but it is not obvious how to do it.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:09 AM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I have never seen a footer for a Reader be anything other then centered. I'm not saying it's not possible to do it any other way, but unless the code to change is obvious enough, it won't happen.