Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #136
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
You can probably get better support here than from Sony. What's the problem with your 505?
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #137
TonyTerra
TonyTerra began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500,Sony PRS505 & Viewsonic VEB612,Apple 64GB ipad,Sony PRS950
I have just received my Sony PRS 500 back from the second upgrade,I was intially unable to return it in March when Sony requested it,I mailed it using their courier sevice on May 7 and received it back May 12 with a $10.00 Sony store gift certificate for my inconvenience.All I can say is I have nothing but accolades for the way I have been treated.
TonyTerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #138
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTerra View Post
I have just received my Sony PRS 500 back from the second upgrade,I was intially unable to return it in March when Sony requested it,I mailed it using their courier sevice on May 7 and received it back May 12 with a $10.00 Sony store gift certificate for my inconvenience.All I can say is I have nothing but accolades for the way I have been treated.
Cool! Glad they took care of you!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:57 AM   #139
tiananmen
tiananmen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Well, I seriously doubt whether the author is paid to say so, in such an extreme way. Actually, You can't find a perfect one in the eReader market so far. Sony has done a good job, the touchscreen is good, if you have used the hard-button ones, it IS fatigue to keep pressing buttons rather than tapping the screen. There's nothing best, just better, in reverse, there is nothing worst, just worse and worse.
tiananmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:16 AM   #140
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Huh? What are you talking about? And why in red? My eyes!
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:54 AM   #141
tiananmen
tiananmen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Huh? What are you talking about? And why in red? My eyes!
Oh, Sorry, Mr. Upstairs! It is simply because I am from a place where red is worshipped as a symbol of communism and thorough revolution~! hahaha!

Sony is terribly expensive for every of its products. How annoying!

Hope those copycatting cheap readers that made in ANIHC (sorry, sensitive word, read it in reverse) could quickly drag Sony's noble-head down with a moderate price~.
tiananmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:23 AM   #142
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sony is no more expensive then a lot of other readers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:54 AM   #143
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sony is no more expensive then a lot of other readers.
I paid AU$184 for my PRS-300, not sure if you could get a ereader anywhere in Australia for that price.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:11 AM   #144
Keef
Enthusiast
Keef began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily Reader
No battery issues with my Daily Reader, I actually found the battery last a long time. Customer service has just been great!
Keef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:08 AM   #145
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
I've had no dramas with my PRS-900 either. Batteries last for yonks - I'd say 2 weeks easy with everyday reading.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, don't buy it, pdf, prs-600, sony reader