Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free (Kindle) Under the Olive Tree by Courtney Santo Miller [Literary Fiction]

Under the Olive Tree by Courtney Santo Miller appears to be some sort of tie-in short story to promote her upcoming literary/women's fiction novel, free courtesy of publisher HarperCollins.

Currently free to pre-order @ Amazon (available to Canadians & in the UK, slated for July 24th).

Description
In a small town in Northern California, the olives are ripening and the Keller women, a multigenerational family of firstborn daughters, are preparing to send their youngest, Erin, abroad. Although she worries about forsaking her family, she is compelled to take a chance at living her dream.

A crisis the day before she is to leave makes Erin question her choice. Is it possible that before she can return to Hill House, she might lose one of her beloved grandmothers? Because, although she has three caretakers—Anna, her great-great-grandmother; Bets, her great-grandmother; and Callie, her grandmother—Erin has no mother. It is an absence keenly felt and never mentioned.

Under the Olive Tree offers a tantalizing glimpse into the secrets of the Keller women, which spill out in surprising and heartbreaking ways in the forthcoming novel The Roots of the Olive Tree. Enjoy this early taste!
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
mayoi
mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2 and K3 Kindles, TF101
Thanks!
mayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
CandyDane
Enthusiast
CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad 4
This book shows as $0 on Amazon with pre-order button. However, the pre-order button directs me to a webpage for my credit card information. Is this normal for a pre-order?
CandyDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyDane View Post
This book shows as $0 on Amazon with pre-order button. However, the pre-order button directs me to a webpage for my credit card information. Is this normal for a pre-order?
IIRC, you need to have a CC on file with them for pre-orders, even $0 ones.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
CandyDane
Enthusiast
CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad 4
I didn't realize that. Thanks.
CandyDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I'm not that interested but I'm glad I clicked through because I found this as a cross-sell on the page:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Rose-of-Fi...=AG56TWVU5XWC2

short story by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I loved loved loved Shadow of the Wind (but I disliked the sequel). I will try the short story for sure!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote