Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
moonlight0221
moonlight0221 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sony 350 or BInatone 7 inch

Hi Guys,

can someone help me please ? I am just planning to buy an ereader but i ma not sure wich is the better? Binatone 7inch or the Sony 350?
moonlight0221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
This is just my opinion, but Sony readers are a known quantity. They work and generally work very well. Further, if you are buying the reader to read novels and not PDF's, or look at images, eInk is in general a much better technology for reading. The batteries last a lot longer (Weeks as opposed to hours), its readable in sunlight, etc.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Binatone device is an ultra-low-end Android tablet. There have been a number of discussions of it on the forum; people haven't had a very high opinion of it, but it's certainly good value for money. It's very cheap, and you do, as always, get what you pay for.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:25 AM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Cool Binatone................?

Rubbish.................

But cheap rubbish.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #5
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
If you're buying it to read books, the Sony is by far your better option. Smaller, lighter, can read out in sunlight, great battery life as already said for weeks and not just hours, e-ink screen. From what I've read about the Binatone, it's really a cheap and very low quality piece of junk. The Sony is a quality piece of hardware that's built very well.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert