Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 01:33 AM   #1
carmonli
carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Question about formatting in Book Designer

I'm a new user of Book Designer and can't figure out how to do something that I think should be possible.

How do I change the formatting of a style (for instance, subtitle) so that instead of being left aligned and not bold, it would be centered, a larger font and bold, everywhere that it appears? I'm used to being able to do this with styles in MS Word, for instance.

Thanks for any help.
carmonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:23 AM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmonli View Post
I'm a new user of Book Designer and can't figure out how to do something that I think should be possible.

How do I change the formatting of a style (for instance, subtitle) so that instead of being left aligned and not bold, it would be centered, a larger font and bold, everywhere that it appears? I'm used to being able to do this with styles in MS Word, for instance.

Thanks for any help.
I think what you want can be done while creating Sony LRF books. But the other formats that BD can make do not seem to have this option. The attached picture shows the options when creating a Sony LRF book.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bd screen.png
Views:	226
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	42259  
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 02:50 AM   #3
carmonli
carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmonli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, that's not really going to solve my problem (I have a Kindle). In any case, this should be something that could be done while editing, before the book is converted.

Thanks anyway.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:06 AM   #4
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Check out Book Creator.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=book+creator
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:11 AM   #5
carmonli

Thanks Madam, it looks interesting. Will give it a shot.
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 10:08 PM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I'm afraid that Book Designer makes very poor prc books.
I use BD for the intitial editing, then use a text editor to tweak the html and then make the book using Mobipocket Creator. I use a streamlined version of HarryT's excellent tutorial:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17914
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote