Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Find the Griffonwing!!

Dear All:

One of the most often-seen posts on MobileRead Forum was from Griffonwing! I have seen nothing from him in weeks.

I am growing a bit concerned. Has anybody seen Griffonwing anywhere on the Forum?

I really miss what he adds.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
No I haven't seen him, Hows that international battery shipping looking Rob ? Griffonwing has strangely hypnotic eyes in his avatar don't you think ?
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I've noticed he hasn't been about for a while too. I do believe he received his replacement PP so perhaps he is too busy reading to come and join us for a chit chat - kind of quiet without him.

Hey Robert, how about a new Astak competition, "Locate the Griffonwing" and win a PP (Griff, if you are about NO you can't find yourself and enter the competition - unfair advantage)
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #4
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

International shipping of battery Thursday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post
No I haven't seen him, Hows that international battery shipping looking Rob ? Griffonwing has strangely hypnotic eyes in his avatar don't you think ?
Dear Gargoyle:

I continue to worry about Griffonwing. I know he mentioned he lost his twin brother a short time ago. Please keep your eyes open!

By no later than this Thursday we will have International Shipping of the battery!! It will be on www.astak.com. We did not forget!!
Old 11-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
Robertb

Find the Griffonman Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I've noticed he hasn't been about for a while too. I do believe he received his replacement PP so perhaps he is too busy reading to come and join us for a chit chat - kind of quiet without him.

Hey Robert, how about a new Astak competition, "Locate the Griffonwing" and win a PP (Griff, if you are about NO you can't find yourself and enter the competition - unfair advantage)
Dear Solicitous:

Good idea. Maybe we can call it "Where in the World is Griffonman?" The winner gets accomodations at the palatial estate of Griffonwing for a week.

The winner also gets to fish to his or her hearts delight!

Maybe we can do a "Christmas with Griff" contest. You can help the parrot decorate the tree and sing old Pirate Carols!!
Advert
Old 11-17-2009, 01:51 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Maybe his parrot flew away and you know how hard it is to catch one with an eye patch and wooden legs...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:06 AM   #7
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Maybe his parrot flew away and you know how hard it is to catch one with an eye patch and wooden legs...
I imagine it isn't too difficult to catch a parrot with an eye patch and wooden legs.... I need to get outside more!!
Old 11-17-2009, 03:19 AM   #8
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, I never knew his parrot had an eyepatch and wooden leg too!
Old 11-17-2009, 04:07 AM   #9
Solicitous
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Solicitous:

Good idea. Maybe we can call it "Where in the World is Griffonman?" The winner gets accomodations at the palatial estate of Griffonwing for a week.

The winner also gets to fish to his or her hearts delight!

Maybe we can do a "Christmas with Griff" contest. You can help the parrot decorate the tree and sing old Pirate Carols!!
HAHA I can see it now, release of a good old duet of Christmas Carols CD titled "The Griff Who Stole Christmas"
Old 11-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Dear Gargoyle:

I continue to worry about Griffonwing. I know he mentioned he lost his twin brother a short time ago. Please keep your eyes open!
You can send him a PM and this will result in a notice being sent to his home email account.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Sorry all. I moved my desktop PC from work back to my home. My work PC has internet block (some safety thing). I recently purchased Dragon Age: Origins, and have been occupying my time with that.

As for the PEZ, it's great! I have only charged it once, a full 12-hour charge. Its only 1 bar down and has been for a couple weeks now. I have gone through 2 Xanth novels, and a few times I have even left the keyboard unlocked while I fell asleep in bed reading.

Now for the rubber coating...while carrying the device, it's been scuffed a bith when I carried a small paper manual in the PEZ, but it caused no ripping, tearing, nor has it shown any signs of bubbling or peeling. I figured, when I saw the scuffing, that it would cause some kind of loosening, but nothing, and that was a few days ago.

Anyway, it has performed remarkably. It looks like the manufacturers got it right this time!!

As for my parrot. When it left my home and flew to Robertbs work (he was seduced by the California palm tree promises robert whispered to him), he has no eye patch, and real legs.

What did you do to him Robert? You beast!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:41 PM   #12
Robertb

Parrot opened his own establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Sorry all. I moved my desktop PC from work back to my home. My work PC has internet block (some safety thing). I recently purchased Dragon Age: Origins, and have been occupying my time with that.

As for the PEZ, it's great! I have only charged it once, a full 12-hour charge. Its only 1 bar down and has been for a couple weeks now. I have gone through 2 Xanth novels, and a few times I have even left the keyboard unlocked while I fell asleep in bed reading.

Now for the rubber coating...while carrying the device, it's been scuffed a bith when I carried a small paper manual in the PEZ, but it caused no ripping, tearing, nor has it shown any signs of bubbling or peeling. I figured, when I saw the scuffing, that it would cause some kind of loosening, but nothing, and that was a few days ago.

Anyway, it has performed remarkably. It looks like the manufacturers got it right this time!!

As for my parrot. When it left my home and flew to Robertbs work (he was seduced by the California palm tree promises robert whispered to him), he has no eye patch, and real legs.

What did you do to him Robert? You beast!
The parrot did show up at Astak and we offered him a job. However, he decided that a restaurant was more his style. He calls it "Griffy's Wings" and he is quite busy. His wings have authentic down-home Arkansas Moonshine Sauce on them and people cannot get enough!! The motto is: "bet you can't eat a peck a Griffy's Wings and drive home"! He then charges to ferry customers home and makes an enormous profit. He is opening an entire chain and doing mail order and has moved to Malibu Beach where Pamela Anderson is his neighbor and Paris Hilton tucks him in at night!
Old 11-18-2009, 03:02 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Ok, you're excused

How's Dragon Age? I've been hovering over the buy button a few times this weekend...
Old 11-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #14
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
The parrot did show up at Astak and we offered him a job. However, he decided that a restaurant was more his style. He calls it "Griffy's Wings" and he is quite busy. His wings have authentic down-home Arkansas Moonshine Sauce on them and people cannot get enough!! The motto is: "bet you can't eat a peck a Griffy's Wings and drive home"! He then charges to ferry customers home and makes an enormous profit. He is opening an entire chain and doing mail order and has moved to Malibu Beach where Pamela Anderson is his neighbor and Paris Hilton tucks him in at night!
Pamela Anderson and Paris Hilton? He can have them. I spose it's true what they say... Success can change a person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Ok, you're excused

How's Dragon Age? I've been hovering over the buy button a few times this weekend...
DA:O is great! I got about halfway through the game (about 45% of the map) and started over. Same race/class combo. Only now that I know how the skills work, and the abilities, etc, i'll build the character better.

Great plot, wonderful character interaction, impressive story-weaving. The lighting and world-design is detailed and fully thought out. It's a great purchase.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Completely and totally OT -

griffonwing:

Will be in Fox right after Christmas for about 10 days.

I like my ribs juicy...

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote