Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-05-2009, 06:13 AM   #1
FragFrog
Connoisseur
FragFrog began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Marvell and E Ink Join Forces to Deliver a Radical New Generation of eReaders

Marvell and E Ink Join Forces to Deliver a Radical New Generation of Faster, Lower Power Ultra Thin eReaders for Mass Markets
Santa Clara, California (November 3, 2009) — Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), a world leader in storage, communications, and consumer silicon solutions, today announced its collaboration with E Ink, the supplier of electronic paper display (EPD) technologies for most of the world's eReaders. The two companies have begun to ship a highly integrated eReader processor available in complete turnkey platforms aimed at the fast-growing eReader market. These new platforms are expected to accelerate the rapid release of new forms of eReaders at a variety of price points.

Press Release | Product Page

Seems like yet another advancement is made here, although it was to be expected. I find of particular interest the chips ability to handle both WiFi / Bluetooth as well as 3G - this would open up the road to a whole generation of interconnected eReaders. Improved native PDF support sounds like a nice deal too.

//edit
Posted to soon I fear, it's the same CPU linked in this post. Ah well

Last edited by FragFrog; 11-05-2009 at 06:18 AM.
FragFrog is offline   Reply With Quote