Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #1
Kast
Kast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PRS-505
Question In searchable PDFs the pages appear twice. Help please!

This problem is rather annoying: In searchable PDFs each page appears twice, I assume it's the fonts first and the image later. What I want to do is stop the image from being displayed and just have the fonts (obviously because you can control the size of the fonts and you can't control the image). Is there an option, hack or custom firmware for PRS-505 that does this? And if that isn't possible can I edit the PDFs somehow to make that happen?

Images that show the problem (these are three consecutive page turns, as you can see at the bottom of the second image the page starts all over again):

PS. The reason I need searchable PDFs is because I convert unsearchable PDFs to searchable PDF/A using ABBYY PDF transformer which currently is the best solution for greek fonts I've found so far.

Thank you in advance, guys.

Last edited by Kast; 03-09-2011 at 01:19 AM.
Kast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
Kast
Kast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animalsKast is kind to children and small, furry animals

Btw the problem is only recreated when I choose Medium or Large Fonts on PRS-505

Last edited by Kast; 03-09-2011 at 01:56 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
That's because the text goes into reflow mode once you stop using S... so you get text and then photo followed by rest of page when you turn plus image again as images can't reflow.

Answer may not be what you want but is dead simple... once OCR'd dump the image of the page and you'll lose the problem... you can't have reflow text and an image of same page in the doc and get single page behaviour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kast View Post
Btw the problem is only recreated when I choose Medium or Large Fonts on PRS-505
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
Kast

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
That's because the text goes into reflow mode once you stop using S... so you get text and then photo followed by rest of page when you turn plus image again as images can't reflow.

Answer may not be what you want but is dead simple... once OCR'd dump the image of the page and you'll lose the problem... you can't have reflow text and an image of same page in the doc and get single page behaviour...
I suspected that's the problem, but how do I dump the image? Is there a program that does that?
Old 03-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Should be an option in Abby, there is usually a choice allowing just save text, text and images or text, images and original page image... don't know about Abby as not used it but I'd expect such options to be available otherwise a PDF editor would let you do the same, someone else may be able to help with suggestions as I've only used Acrobat Pro for PDF editiong... and that's the most expensive option...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote