Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 03:05 AM   #16
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Hmm. I would tell her to not be afraid to take chances and take advantage of opportunities. You only get to live once! Oh, wait....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:30 AM   #17
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
"Can I have a kidney?"

ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #18
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I'm reading a book that is very surprising. "The Book of Adam: Autobiography of the First Human Clone".
...This is a really good book.
+1 DixieGal. I just finished the book last night. I got the freebie from Smashwords. I usually don't expect much from free books (and that's often exactly what I get ), but "Adam" is very well written. It manages a balance of melancholy and humor; it raises some interesting technical, legal and sociological questions about a technology that probably is in our future; it has some characters that you really come to care about; and overall, I thought it was a really good story. The book deserves to be more widely known!

But to answer your question: I think I would tell my clown clone not to wait so long to start a family and to have lots of kids. Being a dad is a wonderful experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Hmm. I would tell her to not be afraid to take chances and take advantage of opportunities. You only get to live once! Oh, wait....
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #19
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Hi Cat! I haven't seen you in a while. What's new with you?

You reminded me... I'd be sure to warn her of how accident prone that I am, and she should be careful on stairways.
I've been around now and again--mostly lurking. I had family over in July and spent a couple of weeks frantically preparing. For some reason I have a hard time getting started on housework until I'm thinking "Friends coming over! Must. Clean. House! Don't let them know how I really live!" and this time it was complicated with needing to repair the bathroom tile.

Visitors are why I don't have to saw whole rooms off my house and burn them. And repairing the bathroom tile is a good thing; keeping water out of the structure of the house is very important.

However it didn't leave as much time for websurfing as usual.

Plus I'm building a canoe. I'm kind of stalled at the moment because I'm waiting for the fiberglass to be shipped. Hence my more visible presence :-)
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #20
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Don't marry our first wife
Not even her clone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsittingstill View Post
I've been around now and again--mostly lurking. I had family over in July and spent a couple of weeks frantically preparing. For some reason I have a hard time getting started on housework until I'm thinking "Friends coming over! Must. Clean. House! Don't let them know how I really live!" and this time it was complicated with needing to repair the bathroom tile.

Visitors are why I don't have to saw whole rooms off my house and burn them. And repairing the bathroom tile is a good thing; keeping water out of the structure of the house is very important.

However it didn't leave as much time for websurfing as usual.

Plus I'm building a canoe. I'm kind of stalled at the moment because I'm waiting for the fiberglass to be shipped. Hence my more visible presence :-)
We share a housekeeping philosophy! : If it weren't for visitors coming, this place would never get cleaned.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #21
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
That's why I don't have visitors.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:50 AM   #22
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
That's why I don't have visitors.
Really? I would have blamed the smell.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #23
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Exactly.
Visitors smell funny.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:13 AM   #24
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Say no at the altar - will save you a load of grief and money!
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #25
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsittingstill View Post
Plus I'm building a canoe.
My nomination for Best Ever Excuse for Forum Absence
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #26
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
I'd tell him to get lost, I was here first.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #27
Lexi Revellian
Groupie
Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lexi Revellian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
I'd tell my future self that it's a really, really bad idea to think you can cycle over icy speed cushions.

More general advice: don't worry, it'll work out.
Lexi Revellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #28
Mercury
Enthusiast
Mercury doesn't litterMercury doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505, iPad
1) Don't take life seriously.
2) Wear the most outrageous thing you want to when you're young.
3) Dye your hair.
4) Kiss lots of people.
5) Remember: In 100 years people won't even know you were alive, so who cares if you make a bit of a fool of yourself now.
6)Make sure no one has a camera when you are making a fool of yourself.
7)A baked potato always takes longer than you think.
8) Be nice to everyone. The ***** will hate it, and the nice people will love it!

I WISH my clone had told me these things.

Damn you clone. Damn you. My baked potatoes were always hard.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #29
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
I'm the 54th in my series. It's pretty much a done deal what I'm supposed to say.

Olivaw
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #30
Patricia Ryan
Connoisseur
Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle, iPad
Great question, and if you find the subject intriguing, you should rent the film Moon--you will not be disappointed.

As for what I would tell my clone, I actually have one, and today I'd like to tell her HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAMMY!

The Birthday Twin
Patricia Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote