Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 08:40 AM   #31
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I began it last night and got half way through. Enjoying it so far.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #32
tbrookside
Connoisseur
tbrookside has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle
Thanks, Caleb!

Graham, things should hit the fan pretty soon, then... :-)
tbrookside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #33
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrookside View Post
Thanks, Caleb!

Graham, things should hit the fan pretty soon, then... :-)
Spoiler:
They've marched and reached the river. Some way to go before the fan gets hit back at Yarich perhaps...

Looking forward to returning to it tonight.

Graham
Old 01-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #34
Graham
Wizard

Finished it last night Thomas; very enjoyable, and as you say once the fan gets hit it roars along!

Graham
Old 01-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #35
tbrookside
Connoisseur

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Graham!

Thanks for your feedback!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #36
tbrookside
Connoisseur

Trying out a new cover:

The thread is getting kind of long, so I guess I should also repost the buy links for this one so you don't have to hunt for them:

Kindle
Nook
Sony
Smashwords

Last edited by tbrookside; 01-21-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:05 AM   #37
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Gosh, I just realized I hadn't thanked you for a wonderful book (read it way back in August). So, a belated "Well done, sir!"
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #38
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtriever View Post
Gosh, I just realized I hadn't thanked you for a wonderful book (read it way back in August). So, a belated "Well done, sir!"
Yay! Another to add to the Thomas Brookside fan club. On Friday's we recreate the battle of Jericho using bedsheets and plastic knives. Awesome!

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #39
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
I have read all three of your books and enjoyed them all. I am looking forward to gifting The Last Days of Jericho to a friend of mine who is in seminary and getting his take on it. Especially in light of a trip he took to Israel last year to work on an archeological dig.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #40
tbrookside
Connoisseur

Thanks, gtriever!

Caleb, LOL.

Connell, thanks a lot. Especially if you read Shylock too! That one's a little too esoteric for a lot of people.

There are some Easter eggs in Jericho for fans of the archaeology of the period, as well as for students of the Old Testament, so I hope your friend has fun with it.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #41
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
As for the new cover, well, the title can be read on this one, but the picture somehow diminishes the subject. Is there a happy medium between the two covers?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #42
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
@ tbrookside: please see http://drmfree.calibre-ebook.com/hom...omas-brookside
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:21 AM   #43
tbrookside
Connoisseur

DixieGal:

I've tried a few different covers.

I really like the one based on the Gustav Dore public domain image, but the detail is just so small that it doesn't work well as a thumbnail or product page photo.

I also like the original cover, based on the "double grave" image. But the feedback I received on it from readers and other authors wasn't so great.

The current ebook "cover" (which exists in two slightly different versions, at Amazon and at B&N) is much easier to see as a thumbnail, and the abstract wall collapse image has a kind of late 60's paperback vibe that I like. I'm trying it out and will see how it goes.

I'll try to think of a way to reconcile the various images, but that might be hard to do.

Krittika:

I'm not sure what that site is about. It seems to be pointing at the Smashwords product page for this book.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #44
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
I don't know if you are familiar with calibre (http://calibre-ebook.com). It is an ebook management software that is quite versatile but its features can be used only with DRM free books. So I am trying to compile a list of DRM free ebooks from various sources like smashwords, Baen, bewrite books, carina press and individual authors that contact me or I contact. The idea is to link to this from the calibre page once I have a sizeable collection so calibre users have convenient access to a set of DRM free books. I just started working on it this week and so far I have only a small sample of about 170 books.
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #45
tbrookside
Connoisseur

Did you get today's Groupon for $10 off at Barnes and Noble? It might be time to load up on Nookbooks!

Including this one, of course. :-)

Tags
ancient history, bible, horror, kindle, monsters