Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-14-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
pars_andy
Connoisseur
pars_andy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Guardian Recipe messed up in latest version??

Not sure if this is a calibre issue or if the Guardian news feed has changed. I've just upgraded to .23 and now when I download the guardian news feed the contents pages are very different. Where as before I got a headings for 'front page', 'sport', 'money', 'environment' etc.... now I get very different headings such as 'uk news', 'international news'. There is nothing for sport or money but there is a 'finance3' which obviously seems wrong.

Also, Calibre used to pull down around 500-600 pages worth of info on my sony reader whereas now it only pulls down around 250.

Is this a bug with the recipe?
pars_andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The recipe has been changed to use the print edition of the guardian. That is only the articles in todays newspaper
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
pars_andy
Connoisseur

Ah ok. Does that mean that there might be a sport section tomorrow then and it's absence is due to there not being any sport stories in todays paper?
Old 11-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The sections are taken from http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian
Old 11-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
pars_andy
Connoisseur

Ah....well there's the issue then. It only takes the stories from the 'main section'. All the other sections, 'sport', 'money', 'entertainment' etc are now completely ignored. I'm afraid that this seems like a major step backwards for me as it now misses out the majority of the newspaper. Is there any way of me using the recipe from an old version of calibre? Can it be imported in some way?
Advert
Old 11-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

ah, well the next release will include the content from those sections as well.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:50 PM   #7
pars_andy
Connoisseur

Thanks. That's great news. It will greatly increase the size of the contents page though as i imagine that each of these sections will be broken down in a similar way to the main section. Not that this is a problem from my perspective.