Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #1
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Open Box JetBook Mini ereaders at J&R

As I write this, J&R Music and Computer World has "Open Box" JetBook Mini ereaders available for 30 to 44 US dollars. I believe they ship to Canada and the US only. The different prices apply to different colors.

If you are not familiar with the Mini you should read up on it before ordering. It uses AAA batteries, not a built-in Lithium battery. It has a LCD screen that has a "bronze" tint, not an E Ink screen and not pure white.

The reader only handles TXT and FB2 format texts -- but if you routinely strip DRM you can convert with Calibre.

http://www.jr.com/product/productLis...sp?Ntt=jetbook

Be sure you're familiar with their Open Box return policy before you buy!

The lowest priced model was the Lime Green version for $27. I just ordered one -- apparently, their last. I was looking for an inexpensive ereader to use while traveling. This one, I felt, would be unlikely to attract thieves.

Note that they also have an Open Box JetBook Lite available for $54, but if you're interested in the JBL you really should head over to Newegg. I believe they still have some new ones for a few dollars more.

Last edited by cromag; 06-15-2013 at 01:24 AM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
As I write this, J&R Music and Computer World has "Open Box" JetBook Mini ereaders available for 30 to 44 US dollars. I believe they ship to Canada and the US only. The different prices apply to different colors.

If you are not familiar with the Mini you should read up on it before ordering. It uses AAA batteries, not a built-in Lithium battery. It has a LCD screen that has a "bronze" tint, not an E Ink screen and not pure white.

The reader only handles TXT and FB2 format texts -- but if you routinely strip DRM you can convert with Calibre.

http://www.jr.com/product/productLis...sp?Ntt=jetbook

Be sure you're familiar with their Open Box return policy before you buy!

The lowest priced model was the Lime Green version for $27. I just ordered one -- apparently, their last. I was looking for an inexpensive ereader to use while traveling. This one, I felt, would be unlikely to attract thieves.

Note that they also have an Open Box JetBook Lite available for $54, but if you're interested in the JBL you really should head over to Newegg. I believe they still have some new ones for a few dollars more.
yes, I user jetbook mini for travel and it works fine for this purpose. I remember I purchased it for $99...
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
I ordered the Anthracite Black Jetbook Mini for $29.50, though it appears that it has sold out now. There are, however, two models left - a Royal Blue Jetbook mini for $43, and a Black Jetbook Lite for $53.

Last edited by sneakyspider; 06-27-2013 at 01:47 PM.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ectaco, jetbook mini, open box