Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #16
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm right there with all of you. Around June 2008 I'd all but stopped reading for pleasure because 1. I was back in school and finishing up my Master's and 2. I didn't have any idea what new books/authors to try out.

I ended up joining goodreads.com to find suggestions on books to read, and my TBR list filled out to a reasonable number. And then I got a Kindle, and hooooo boy! My TBR list is overwhelming, and I'm constantly finding new books to add to the list. It almost makes me miss having a list that had petered out.

I also have a really difficult time picking out which book to read next. I usually end up picking a series/author and read several books in a row by the same author, then debate for a bit over which author to start next. Goodreads helps me keep track of my list, but it's not good at telling me what I should read next
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:18 PM   #17
jon@outpost19.co
jon@outpost19.co began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
If I could just get 6 or 7 quiet, focused hours tacked onto every day...

And I love that Gabriel Zaid quote.
jon@outpost19.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Ah! Quite Whinning. READ!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #19
evenstr
Enthusiast
evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
My problem: I'm downloading books now so that when my PRS 600 finally arrives I can sync it up right away. I realize now this was a bad idea, yet I can't seem to stop! Not to mention the towering pile of library books sitting on my bedroom floor. And the list of 50+ books to check out from the library once the current stack has diminished.
evenstr is offline   Reply With Quote