Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 01:30 PM   #61
jmorton
Connoisseur
jmorton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jmorton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jmorton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jmorton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
My old one was blue, my new one is red. I really like the red. I haven't noticed any difference in eye fatigue or ease of reading.
jmorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #62
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I just wish they made a left-handed one...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #63
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
I never thought of that!! I'm left-handed too.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #64
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I'm left handed three

But, I don't mind the reader as it is. I use both sets of page turn buttons depending on how I'm holding the reader but have never wished for them to be placed differently.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:59 AM   #65
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
I'm left handed three

But, I don't mind the reader as it is. I use both sets of page turn buttons depending on how I'm holding the reader but have never wished for them to be placed differently.

dordale
The button placement is fine. I just want the 'spine clips' to be on the other side... for absolutely no other reason than 'it's time to pay attention to lefties' week.

Certainly works fine the way it is. Especially being silver.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2009, 05:28 AM   #66
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
I'm left handed three

I use both sets of page turn buttons depending on how I'm holding the reader but have never wished for them to be placed differently.
I like the buttons for the most part too, but I occasionally wish I had buttons on the top as well. sometimes I hold it by the top only when lying in bed, and buttons on top would help me out with that. Otherwise, I am happy with the buttons
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:23 AM   #67
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
I am lefty as well and actually like the button layout. I find that most often I am holding the reader by the lower left and right middle... I use the page turn button on the lower left hand side most often and feel the layout is quite good (at least for me). I find holding this is actually more comfortable than a pbook. My hands would tend to cramp and numb reading a paperback due to carpal tunnel. YMMV...
RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:12 PM   #68
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Yeah I like the way the buttons are too. I hold the reader in my left hand and put my hand on the middle of the cover (I always use to start to tear paperbacks when I held them this way) and then hold the right side with my right hand, and I use the page turn buttons on the right side. you can also use those buttons to scroll between some of the menus.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #69
davers
Connoisseur
davers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony Dark Blue 505
The blue one is the faster one! I've used my significant others red one, and I have the blue one. I lean towards liking the blue more...not sure why.

Dave
davers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #70
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
Well, I ordered a blue one from Walmart and thought I was supposed to get it today and today I get an email that they have not been able to fulfill the order from the manufacturer and are not sure when they will be able to. So, just cancelled the order. Back to square one. There is no other place, besides Walmart or Sam's, that I would order one and Sam's does not carry the blue. Only silver. So, it looks like I will be getting silver, if I get one at all. Not too enthused right now.

Might just go get War and Peace and that will keep me busy for a few months and I won't have to make a decision one way or the other. Bummer.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #71
davers
Connoisseur
davers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony Dark Blue 505
Hi Mrgauth..you wouldn't consider getting it from Books on Board? http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...uct&PRODUCT=38

Dave
davers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #72
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yeah, I could get it from Amazon too, but neither BoB nor Amazon offer an extended warranty of any kind, and I don't buy $300 electronics without one. Ever. Have had way way way to much bad luck with electronics. Plus, I just looked at BoB and they are out of stock. I was gonna get 3 years of full coverage for only $19.99 from Walmart. Impossible to beat. Plus, it goes belly up I just walk into one of my 5 Walmart's and get another or my money back.

And you know, the more I look at the silver the less I like it. Just feels too washed out for my liking. I feel completely comfortable looking at the blue ones online. I am thinking of just skipping the whole reader thing and giving it a year to see what pops up. It took me FOREVER to decide on the blue and now there is no place I can get one from that will give me what I want. So....

Last edited by Mrgauth; 04-03-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #73
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
Yeah, I could get it from Amazon too, but neither BoB nor Amazon offer an extended warranty of any kind, and I don't buy $300 electronics without one. Ever. Have had way way way to much bad luck with electronics. Plus, I just looked at BoB and they are out of stock. I was gonna get 3 years of full coverage for only $19.99 from Walmart. Impossible to beat. Plus, it goes belly up I just walk into one of my 5 Walmart's and get another or my money back.

And you know, the more I look at the silver the less I like it. Just feels too washed out for my liking. I feel completely comfortable looking at the blue ones online. I am thinking of just skipping the whole reader thing and giving it a year to see what pops up. It took me FOREVER to decide on the blue and now there is no place I can get one from that will give me what I want. So....
Can you buy it from Sony direct? I know they sell the extended warranties on their site.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:11 AM   #74
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post

That's too bad, it must be frustrating to have ordered it and then find out you can't get the one you really want.

If you can't get your blue 505 direct from Sony, have you considered a skin for the silver? I've never tried one so I don't know if it would have the effect you are after, but it might work.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #75
Mrgauth
Addict

Yeah, I am considering that. Going to Sam's in about 30 minutes and it will be hard to not pick one up seeing as they have them right in the aisle. Probably will grab it and then get the skin. I's got to get me some reader!