Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
skoobwoman
Enthusiast
skoobwoman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2/Kindle DX/Astak Reader Pocket Pro/iPod Touch
Kindle won't read Mobipocket files converted from Adobe-created HTML

I've used Mobipocket many many times to convert Adobe files for reading on my Kindle. But I've always hated all the formatting glitches that resulted. I recently got Adobe Acrobat 9 and so I converted a few adobe files to html rather than text, using Adobe. The formatting was much better. But when I then used Mobipocket Creator to convert them to Mobi format and loaded them on my Kindle, none of the files (including the Amazon Kindle books already on the Kindle) would open. I got the "Format unsupported" message from the Kindle.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Is it something about the Adobe 9 conversion process?

Thanks. Lauren (Skoobwoman)
skoobwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Did the MOBI files display ok under Windows Desktop Reader?
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
skoobwoman
Enthusiast
skoobwoman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2/Kindle DX/Astak Reader Pocket Pro/iPod Touch
Displayed in Desktop reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Did the MOBI files display ok under Windows Desktop Reader?
Yes. They displayed fine.
skoobwoman is offline   Reply With Quote