Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #22441
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
There are hunters, and there are gatherers, then one day some prehistoric genius invented farming; and nothing’s been the same since!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #22442
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Don't feel too badly. There actually ARE arguments for both viewpoints. You, unfortunately just ran into someone who looks at the other side.

Many people are content to eat meatloaf every Monday, chicken every Tuesday, pasta every Wednesday, fish every Thursday, etc., etc., and always with mashed potatoes and either peas or carrots on the side (need that variety, right?) Oh... and a basket of bread on the table.
Get up at 6:30, eat breakfast (same one every day) go to work, get home at 5:30, eat dinner at 6:00, sit in front of the TV until 11pm, then go to bed. Every day. It's a good life for them. No surprises. No problems. No worries.

I'd rather stick a needle in my eye.

Stitchawl
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
That is one of the circles of hell, right?
[Cartoon voice]
Every day the same thing... Variety!
[/Cartoon voice]

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #22443
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Don't feel too badly. There actually ARE arguments for both viewpoints. You, unfortunately just ran into someone who looks at the other side.

Many people are content to eat meatloaf every Monday, chicken every Tuesday, pasta every Wednesday, fish every Thursday, etc., etc., and always with mashed potatoes and either peas or carrots on the side (need that variety, right?) Oh... and a basket of bread on the table.
Get up at 6:30, eat breakfast (same one every day) go to work, get home at 5:30, eat dinner at 6:00, sit in front of the TV until 11pm, then go to bed. Every day. It's a good life for them. No surprises. No problems. No worries.

I'd rather stick a needle in my eye.

Stitchawl
I'm one of these people . I like to keep the dinners interesting though by trying new recipes all the time. The rest is definitely my family. Get up at 6:10, feed kids at 6:15, leave for work at 7am, get home at 4:45, make dinner ready by 6:30 when the hubby gets home, showers/baths at 7:30, watch tv until 10pm, go to bed.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #22444
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I'm one of these people . I like to keep the dinners interesting though by trying new recipes all the time. The rest is definitely my family. Get up at 6:10, feed kids at 6:15, leave for work at 7am, get home at 4:45, make dinner ready by 6:30 when the hubby gets home, showers/baths at 7:30, watch tv until 10pm, go to bed.
Eeeek!! Do you have a set night for "snuggles" too?

(a bit personal, I know - tell me to mind my own business)
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #22445
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Eeeek!! Do you have a set night for "snuggles" too?
March 14th - almost every year!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #22446
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Old 04-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #22447
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Yesterday commute was a great reminder that wearing a skirt when riding a bicycle is a good way to tell who are the jackasses that I'll encounter on my way

And yet, I had a knee length leggings under said skirt
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #22448
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
...that's pretty close
Old 04-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #22449
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Yesterday commute was a great reminder that wearing a skirt when riding a bicycle is a good way to tell who are the jackasses that I'll encounter on my way

I'm saying nothing. I'll just sit here and think. And no doubt get called a jackass....
Old 04-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #22450
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

Quote:
I'm saying nothing. I'll just sit here and think. And no doubt get called a jackass....
Old 04-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #22451
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

Quote:

You really don't even need to wear a skirt to get those reactions. Any tight pair of pants, shorts, capris, etc...

My husband always gives me crap for wearing low-cut tops. I keep telling him there's nothing to see anyway .
Old 04-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #22452
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I mean do people really have to slow down, open their window and scream things that when they can be clearly heard are not supposed to be repeated in front of children?

I don't want men sharing parts of their thoughts out loud when I'm walking in the street, not that it's happening to me that often. When did that become alright?
Old 04-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #22453
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
I mean do people really have to slow down, open their window and scream things that when they can be clearly heard are not supposed to be repeated in front of children?

I don't want men sharing parts of their thoughts out loud when I'm walking in the street, not that it's happening to me that often. When did that become alright?
It has never been alright.

I am sorry you encountered such rude behavior samhy.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #22454
samhy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
You really don't even need to wear a skirt to get those reactions. Any tight pair of pants, shorts, capris, etc...

My husband always gives me crap for wearing low-cut tops. I keep telling him there's nothing to see anyway .
Hear, hear!

I also think that skinny jeans are more revealing, which makes the point that it's only in their heads.
Good for you Pookeysgirl for wearing what you like and not what will make you invisible
Old 04-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #22455
samhy
Wizard

Thank you, red_phoenix.

I'm pissed right now, but I'll have forgotten soon. Anyway, they tend to be struck in traffic when I just breeze through and that thought is enough to make me smile

Edit: I re-read my second post and it sounds worst than it actually was. I've cooled down already
Some things are not quite appropriate, but there's nothing to fear and that can't be said for anyone nor anywhere.

Last edited by samhy; 04-18-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness