Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
rwalker
rwalker began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
EE on 2.2.1 issues

So many threads with the EE and PE I might have missed the issues that I'm experiencing.
Is anyone experincing the two issues that I'm having after an update to 2.2.1 or do you know of any fixes?

-Youtube does not play videos

-The preinstalled web browser keeps closing/crashing at random intervals (this part drives me mad)

Thanks in advance

rw
rwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalker View Post
...Is anyone experiencing the two issues that I'm having after an update to 2.2.1 or do you know of any fixes?
1. YouTube does not play videos
2. The pre-installed web browser keeps closing/crashing at random intervals (this part drives me mad)
Yes.
1. Use the Youtube-2.2.16.apk from Android Freeware Lovers.
2. Disable Java

There are threads here on both subjects.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalker View Post
So many threads with the EE and PE I might have missed the issues that I'm experiencing.
Is anyone experincing the two issues that I'm having after an update to 2.2.1 or do you know of any fixes?

-Youtube does not play videos

-The preinstalled web browser keeps closing/crashing at random intervals (this part drives me mad)

Thanks in advance

rw

YouTube will play directly using either the Dolphin, Miren, or xScope Browsers directly from the YouTube website. If you are looking for a no frills browser for everyday surfing Opera Mini works real well on the EE. I haven't had it crash yet. See my Resource Sticky for links to download these browsers.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132878
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
rwalker

Thanks guys! I'll give them a shot.
rwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #5
rwalker