Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
brainvision
Connoisseur
brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet, Kindle Paperwhite
Question Send to device rules - Android device

Hi all..

I'm starting to sync my Calibre library with my Android smartphone so that I could read something with it.
My first doubts with this process regard the rules Calibre follows when sending books.. I have a lot of series, so I chose to set the field of the Send to device into the General Options this way:
Code:
{author_sort}/{series}/{title} - {authors}
but I noticed that my device still received books into the standard path. So I changed the option of the Android driver (by the plugin settings interface) with the same tags and now it works..
I thought that the rules of the General options should have been followed if the Plugin options was left to the standard.. Is that wrong, isn't it?

Second doubt..
Calibre chose to send books into a path that follows the Series sort criteria, so, just to say: my series is
Code:
I Classici
(and that's the folder of the path I wanted) but it sent books to folder
Code:
Classici, I
What should I set to make it creating the folder without the sort criteria?

Thanks for paying attention,
I hope my english is good enough to be understood by everyone!
see you!

Last edited by brainvision; 08-13-2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: typo and grammar
brainvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
brainvision
Connoisseur
brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Someone could help me please?
Old 08-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainvision View Post
Someone could help me please?
I believe you need to go to Preferences - Tweaks and change the following tweak to strictly_alphabetic.

# Control formatting of title and series when used in templates

save_template_title_series_sorting = 'strictly_alphabetic'

Once the tweak is changed you may have to restart calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
brainvision
Connoisseur

Question

hi dwanthny

thanks for your reply, I'm still testing the best way for me to export ebooks to my device..
Into the first post here I asked differences between 2 different ways to do that, but maybe my words were not so clear, so now I'll ask it again, but helping myself with 2 screenshots..

so..

this is the screen from Preferences --> (Import / Export) Send books to device

while this one, instead,

is from Preferences --> (Advanced) Plugin and then choosing Android driver..

So, I first tried to change the general preferences but it didn't work the way I wanted. Then I also edited the Android plugin options and finally it worked..
I would like to know what I'm missing and why they exist two options for what I think is the same thing..

Another question.. once I choose to set a path in that window, there's no way to send some books (based on authors, for example, or on tags) to a different path (always based on metadata controls like series, authors and so on)?

Thank you!
(If there's something I should explain better, please don't hesitate to ask me, I know that often my english became difficult to understand!!)
Old 08-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Variety phones/tablets
Quote:
Another question.. once I choose to set a path in that window, there's no way to send some books (based on authors, for example, or on tags) to a different path (always based on metadata controls like series, authors and so on)?
As far as I know, calibre doesn't allow you to do that. However, I'm developing an app with one of the calibre guys that will help with that problem. We haven't actually finished that part of the app yet (currently it allows sending of books, and lots of sorting/grouping options), but we hope to get to it soon. You can find our app on Google Play. (It currently only supports Android v2.3, Gingerbread, and newer versions.) Thanks!
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
this is the screen from Preferences --> (Import / Export) Send books to device

is from Preferences --> (Advanced) Plugin and then choosing Android driver..

So, I first tried to change the general preferences but it didn't work the way I wanted. Then I also edited the Android plugin options and finally it worked..
I would like to know what I'm missing and why they exist two options for what I think is the same thing..
I just tested this and when I change the Send to device template the corresponding Android Plugin's template is immediately changed to match.

I didn't actually transfer books.

Quote:
True to change the path you need to change the template. I'm not sure why changing the Send to device template did not change the Android plugin for you.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC if you dont have a per device setting, the global setting is used as the per device setting, otherwise the per device setting overrides the global setting.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote