Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-23-2015, 08:56 PM   #166
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I just tried it in Adobe 3.0 (which is what I have installed before hunting down 2) with the old original downloaded book and that actually worked to open the file with the old cancelled card it was purchased on. I could always load the book in Nook for PC after entering that info, but it doesn't display properly. Oddly it displays the first 9 pages of the book perfectly. And the rest of the pages are blank except for the footer with the page number and alternating author/title. Then the "About the Authors" on page 226 appears just fine and the last 2 pages after that which are really just a solid color page and the back cover. I haven't tried it on a newly downloaded book with the new encryption.
*Edit: Actually the footers as well are completely gone starting with page 96, so it's totally blank pages until 226. And opening it in ADE turns out to be a pain, every time you open the book you need to re-enter the name and cc number, even if you close the book but not ADE you need to re-enter the info.

When I originally posted at Alf's about it, they said they haven't been able to remove the DRM from those PagePerfect books and it sounded like they really have tried in the past.
Hmmm, I thought I only had to enter the cc information once with ADE 2.0, but it could very well be that I never tried more than once. It was a while ago.

Well, I guess the fact that they don't all display properly in Nook for PC explains why it doesn't let you download them in that program. The one that I own is all just scanned images so the whole book looks fine.

I would understand the eTextbooks from Nookstudy not being possible to decrypt since they had an additional limit of only being able to download two copies. But since it is possible to decrypt regular Adobe DRM PDFs, I would think B&N's version would be possible too. But admittedly I really don't know anything about how the tools do their magic!
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:07 PM   #167
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Surprisingly the credit from B&N came through today even though they said the refund goes to the original card used for the purchase only, and that card was cancelled by my bank last year after the Home Depot hacking. I thought I was going to have to argue with them about issuing it to the new card. I'm guessing my bank must retain the old card info and still process refunds to it, but never new charges.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:21 PM   #168
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Tools Version 6.2.1 has been posted
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:08 AM   #169
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Tools version 6.3.2 has appeared at github, although not at Alf's blog yet.

Kindle for Android support!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:54 PM   #170
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post

Which works, I can attest
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:42 PM   #171
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:

Excellent. That is a welcome addition to the tools.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:08 AM   #172
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

It has now appeared at Alf's Blog.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:49 PM   #173
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
What does Kindle for Android support mean?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:11 PM   #174
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
What does Kindle for Android support mean?
I checked: it means that if you use adb to get a backup of the Kindle App datastore it can extract DRM free ebooks.
Not quite as simple as Kindle4PC.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:37 PM   #175
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Does tools version 6.3.2 have support for Readwell eBooks?

SFBC now sells eBooks that can be read on the Readwell app.

It seems that SFBC members are to purchase eBooks from SFBC and then are to Log in to Readwell's web site and using their SFBC.com credentials (email and password) will then have access to any eBook that they've purchased on SFBC.

So my question is, does tools version 6.3.2 have support for Readwell eBooks?

Last edited by alansplace; 08-10-2015 at 04:42 PM.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:48 PM   #176
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Not unless they use ADE.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:03 PM   #177
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
SFBC now sells eBooks that can be read on the Readwell app.

It seems that SFBC members are to purchase eBooks from SFBC and then are to Log in to Readwell's web site and using their SFBC.com credentials (email and password) will then have access to any eBook that they've purchased on SFBC.

So my question is, does tools version 6.3.2 have support for Readwell eBooks?

The best place to ask that kind of specific question would be Alf's blog.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:51 PM   #178
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
From what I can see you need to use the Readwell app to read these eBooks. ADE is not involved and if it is, it's not your ADE where you can remove the DRM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:32 PM   #179
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I checked: it means that if you use adb to get a backup of the Kindle App datastore it can extract DRM free ebooks.
Not quite as simple as Kindle4PC.
Thank you.

I do worry Amazon will discontinue K4PC but as it was just updated I figure it will still be around for a little while yet.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:10 PM   #180
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Thank you.

I do worry Amazon will discontinue K4PC but as it was just updated I figure it will still be around for a little while yet.
The worst that can happen is that you have to buy the cheapest used eink kindle and register it to your account - then download the books to computer for "transfer over usb" - except that you would put Alf in there before the book ever reaches your ereader. Heck, if you don't want, you don't have to ever turn that Kindle on.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote