Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
fadi33
fadi33 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
cant softroot to 1.3

just got a nook and want to softroot to 1.3. I already installed 1.0.0, but when I try to install 1.3, it stops during the install and just reboots. I get to mounting partitions and up to verifying the update, then it reboots. I tried the lite and full version of 1.3 and neither have worked. Am I doing something wrong?
fadi33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
fadi33
fadi33 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
figured out the problem is a corrupt file. The main download link has a corrupt file. Luckily they have a mirror and that file works properly.
fadi33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 06:02 AM   #3
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadi33 View Post
figured out the problem is a corrupt file. The main download link has a corrupt file. Luckily they have a mirror and that file works properly.
Right, I tried 2 hours yesterday, before download the mirror and it worked soon.
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadi33 View Post
Remember to always do a checksum on any roms you plan to upgrade to. It will save on frustration and prevent you from bricking your device.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote