Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
Tony Szmuk
Connoisseur
Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ,,,
iPad Kindle app question

Is there a way to import non-DRM MOBI files in the Kindle app for iPad? I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this here, but I couldn't find an answer.
Tony Szmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The only way is to jailbreak the iPad.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Szmuk View Post
Is there a way to import non-DRM MOBI files in the Kindle app for iPad? I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this here, but I couldn't find an answer.
No. I'd suggest converting them to ePub with Calibre, and using iBooks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #4
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Szmuk View Post
Sadly, Amazon only allows "personal documents" to sync with the Kindle itself, not the Apps:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200388510
Quote:
Periodicals such as newspapers, magazines, and blogs, and personal documents can only be delivered to and read on Kindle devices and cannot be viewed on Kindle for PC or other Kindle applications.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:34 AM   #5
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
There is an app called BookshelfLT that does non-drm mobi. I have not tried it myself but if you load it and when you go into iTunes/ipad/apps to the bottom you will find a loading set-up to download papers off your computer into whatever reader you choose. I use CloudReaders, Goodreader, Stanza and ReaddleDocs (Microsoft office, pdf, rtf, txt, html, jpeg, tiff, gif...) this way.

BokshelfLT can work using a something like Dropbox.

Last edited by pagansoul; 06-07-2010 at 10:40 AM.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert