Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
futhashi
futhashi began at the beginning.

Device: pc
calibre non functioning

Hi all

Tried to install Calibre a few times, versions 9.24 of: windows 32 bit, windows 64 bit, windows portable. Also tried a previous version 9.10, but am continually getting an error of a missing dll upon each and every install. I can run it but any conversions I try fail. Very, very frustrated, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
futhashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What DLL is being asked for that does not exist?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
futhashi
futhashi began at the beginning.

Device: pc
(?)dll missing and fails to convert

Hi.

Thanks for your help. When installing the error reads:

"there is a problem with this windows installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

It does not say which dll and as I mentioned, the program does run but all books fail (failure error) to convert no matter what version of Calibre I install.

Looking forward to any help you can offer.

A
futhashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Fix the permissions on your temp folder or run calibre as administrator. http://superuser.com/questions/47863.../526480#526480
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote