Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
sheffieldsteve
sheffieldsteve began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Unusual 'app'(?) for Kindle - GB Maps

Came across, what I consider, to be a useful 'app' (not really a book as such) for the Kindle published by [=John Fitton=] .. essentially its a set of zoomable/scollable OS maps of GB formatted for the Kindle. As a frequent road traveller I hope to find these useful.
Steve
sheffieldsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
sheffieldsteve
sheffieldsteve began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
noticed there is now also maps for US parks

... title says it all ... 10 of the US National Parks covered .. cheap price so may download in the hope of a visit !
sheffieldsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
Got very excited for a second but I would find the lack of colour an issue and it must take forever to scroll using the 5-way controller. Has anyone got these maps and can say if they have a search facility to go to a specific location?
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
He posts here sometimes in the writer group. I don't really get the point of the calendars he sells, but people seem to buy them so maybe that's just me.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book, map, road