Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
ofpob
ofpob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Two Kindles with calibre

I've been using calibre for some time and love it. Now I have decided to buy a new Kindle for my wife. Can I have two libraries in calibre, one for each Kindle? And how will this work?

I've looked through this forum but could not fined a previous post about this but I feel that there probably is one!

ofpob
ofpob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
lenseman
The Avatar
lenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600
You should be able to save two separate library files to your machine without any problems. After that it is just a matter of selecting which library you want to access and manage. If you both have different profiles on the same PC that would probably make things even easier since each of you would not have to ever change your settings for the other person.
lenseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The other option is to have one single library, but to use a tag to identify books that are relevant to each user. Then you can use a saved search to filter (set it as a restriction) to act on a virtual library.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I have 3 libraries. Mine is on dropbox, and my husband's and daughter's (which are much smaller) are on my harddrive. If I download a book I think either of them would like, after converting, if necessary, I can send it to their library and delete it from mine. Works like a charm.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Click the arrow just to the right of the Library button. This will give you several methods of selecting, moving, creating, editing, etc...as many libraries as you like. Once you've created a new one, it shows up in a list on that button, and a simple click changes it. Be sure to show her how to do it, for when you've left yours up.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 02:29 AM   #6
ofpob
ofpob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks to you all; I now have two separate libraries up and running successfully.
ofpob is offline   Reply With Quote