Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-27-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
goodereader
Banned
goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Many, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Pocketbook, Sony etc.
how to save books from kindle pc to computer

hey guys, i bought many books from amazon both in topaz and amz format, is there a way when i buy books and send them to kindle 2 pc, that i can save these books to my local hard drive? I do not have a kindle.
goodereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
They actually are on your local drive somewhere in the My Documents folder. I don't have access to a Windows PC at the moment so can't tell you where exactly, but you should be able to find them if you poke around a bit.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
You should have a folder in My Documents called My Kindle Content.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
You should have a folder in My Documents called My Kindle Content.
That's the one!

Just remember that those books have DRM so you can't just load them onto a reader or even just move them to another computer to read.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:38 AM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
That's the one!

Just remember that those books have DRM so you can't just load them onto a reader or even just move them to another computer to read.
All the books I buy from Smashwords go in there as well... They have an options to save to kindle for PC...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:28 AM   #6
bookoffers
Connoisseur
bookoffers began at the beginning.

Device: NOne
Access your My Documents and click on My Kindle Content folder..And there you have it, Enjoy reading your books..
bookoffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #7
judahis
Enthusiast
judahis is on a distinguished road

Can these documents then be transferred to a USB drive or a smart card to be read on another e-reader, netbook or laptop?
judahis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:21 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by judahis View Post
Can these documents then be transferred to a USB drive or a smart card to be read on another e-reader, netbook or laptop?
If you can strip the DRM they become DRM free Mobipocket eBooks unless some are Topaz and then you may as well delete those.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:28 PM   #9
animedude01
Addict

The books can be copied, but they can't be read on another reader or even on another Kindle for PC app due to DRM. They can only be read on that particular machine. To read them on another machine you'd have to install the app there and use your Amazon account to send it to that machine in order to reset the DRM.

Alternately, you can strip the DRM in order to free them and use any reader or application that can read mobi files (as long as the books are mobi and not Topaz).

Please remember, though, to respect copyright. Most people strip DRM so that they can use their legally purchased books (well, Amazon claims you purchase them, not license them) anywhere they want, and not to pirate.

There are threads on MR that should help with the DRM stripping.

Hope this helps.