Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 02-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Formatting comics for the Literati/LookBook?

Has anyone out there had any success? Everything I try results in parts of the images being cut off on sides, top/bottom, or both. It seems like there should be ab epub setting to "scale images to fit completely within the resolution of the display." Right?

_____________--

Update: the new version 0.7.44 of Calibre gives me the power to do this.

Last edited by curtw; 02-05-2011 at 10:30 AM. Reason: problem solved
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:48 AM   #2
West Virginia
Enthusiast
West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Augen The Book
I had that trouble with the Slick that I never solved. I didn't have that with an Augen. Some devices fit to screen better than others.

Joe
West Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
george.talusan
Kobo Developer Intern
george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo
I heard that if you use a CBZ or CBR instead of ePub then it might work.
george.talusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
I would suggest converting your comic ebooks (or .cbr / .cbz) to .pdf format, which usually scales better than just .jpg images within a .epub ebook. See my wiki post here under Niche_Uses about exploding a comic ebook into just it's images and then using img2pdf_v0.2 to easily combine them into a .pdf ebook.

For my LCD Reader ( Next1 ) that supports Adobe Mobile Edition 9, I can view .pdf ebooks in landscape mode and then select my zoom level to "Fit to Width". After reading the top portion of the page, I can scroll down with the arrow keys (it micro increments so it's best to hold down the arrow) until I reach the end of the page. Then a page button advance brings me to the top of the next page and repeat!

See this post to see what can be done when reading .pdf ebooks.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Wowzers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I would suggest converting your comic ebooks (or .cbr / .cbz) to .pdf format, which usually scales better than just .jpg images within a .epub ebook.
Thanks! PDF is much better! The conversion goes quicker (because Calibre isn't rescaling the images), the Literati shows the whole page, AND I can both zoom and switch to landscape mode for PDF (not available for epub). Karma to you!!!

(to george.talusan: they were already cbr/cbz. The Literati doesn't support these natively. I was converting to epub when I was experiencing the problem.)
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote