Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-26-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Limit to number of books in Calibre?

Calibre has been very slow for me lately. I had assumed it was related to the mobipocket conversion issues I was having but then I tried to plug in my Sony and transfer an epub and it too happened very slowly. I wonder if this is related to the number of books I have in Calibre---I was at about 600 before but am approaching 800 again. Is there an upper limit to the number of books I can have? Should I make greater efforts to archive and remove books I finish reading?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
As far as I know there is no upper limit in Calibre, though your particular computer hardware and Operating System will have some limits perhaps. I am running Calibre with 12k + ebooks and it is getting a little slow to startup but as it runs all the time that is not a problem, in normal use it is just as quick as ever.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert