Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-19-2009, 06:36 AM   #1
Scribe
Scribe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 700
Help with Calibre 0.5.14

Hi, all. I'm a newbie who needs help, please. I have an iMac Power PC G5 with OS 10.5.7 leopard and have just purchased a Sony PRS 700 which I love. In order to download books, etc I found Calibre and downloaded it. It is a great resource but I have a problem.
I connect the usb to the Sony device. The Mac finder window recognizes it (in fact it shows two connections. One containing database and tmp. The other containing folders for calibre, e-books and Sony Reader. Only one of the two is ejectable. To recover it I have to pull the plug.) The PRS 700 screen says 'usb connected.'
The Calibre programme works perfectly on the Mac screen and downloads books well. But when I press 'send to device' I get a label reading ' Cannot send: No device is connected' even though it is.

I would be most grateful for any advice on this, please.
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #2
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Hi, all. I'm a newbie who needs help, please. I have an iMac Power PC G5 with OS 10.5.7 leopard and have just purchased a Sony PRS 700 which I love. In order to download books, etc I found Calibre and downloaded it. It is a great resource but I have a problem.
I connect the usb to the Sony device. The Mac finder window recognizes it (in fact it shows two connections. One containing database and tmp. The other containing folders for calibre, e-books and Sony Reader. Only one of the two is ejectable. To recover it I have to pull the plug.) The PRS 700 screen says 'usb connected.'
The Calibre programme works perfectly on the Mac screen and downloads books well. But when I press 'send to device' I get a label reading ' Cannot send: No device is connected' even though it is.

I would be most grateful for any advice on this, please.
I sometimes run into problems if I have two drives that get assigned the same drive letter. Especially since a drive letter is assigned to my duo pro memory card and my SD card.

Not sure if Macs make those types of mistakes but that's all I got?
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
I've heard lots of problems on Mac regarding this. Still no clear solution though. still finding for one.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote