Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Question about user accounts/restricted account on N7

Hello,

I've decided to gift my Nexus 7 to my niece for Christmas this year. I've already set it up with a restricted account for my niece and added a bunch of apps and games for kids to that account's home screen. I've left my own account as the owner account because I wanted her to have access to some of the apps I'd already purchased.

Now I'm wondering... if I set up a third (unrestricted) account for my sister-in-law, will she also be able to purchase/download apps and add them to the home screen for the restricted account? I'm hoping this is the case because I don't live close and it's kind of a pain to add apps for the restricted account.

Also, if you have any suggestions of essential apps for a 7 year old girl, please post them!
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
To answer my own question... No, only the owner account can administer the restricted users.

So now I am hoping I can just add my sister in law's google account under the owner account and remove my google account, and not have to set everything up from scratch again. But I have a feeling that will delete all apps, too. I wish I could get a complete answer from Google help, instead of "messages, contacts, etc."
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert