Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Question Aldiko/Calibre Help?

I have Aldiko 2.1 installed on my Android 2.3 tablet and am using Calibre 8.33 to manage my library. When some of my books import into Aldiko, they have the cover image (generated from the plug-in) intact and it shows up on the Aldiko Shelf thumbnail. On others, the cover I've created doesn't show up, but the file's original front page does instead. I've imported many of these through the content server, and some through Dropbox (where I keep my Calibre library), and others, well, I'm just not sure how the heck I did it. Since I'm just learning how to get all this stuff into the tablet, I'm really confused about which method seems to keep everything intact.

Any advice or suggestions for keeping my created covers with the files in this process would be appreciated!
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
When in calibre do an epub conversion, even if the current file is epub. (just convert epub to epub). You will get a message saying the file is already in an epub format do you want to do this? Say yes, and do the conversion. This will attach the cover in almost all circumstances. I have found some exceptions but very few.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Thanks for the tip! I'll try it today.
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote