Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 05-22-2008, 08:18 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobolover View Post
Hmm.Okay,read "NOVEL OF THE DARK VALLEY" as well and I must say it was prety good.Basicly,whats labelled a "Novel" can be read separately.Im preparing to read "Novel of the Iron maid" too.
Yes, the "Novels" are separate "reads," but there's a frame that ties the intire book together. This is a wonderful book [read: novel] that has many admirers.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:40 AM   #17
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
Ive sort of a dilema.Ive finished the whole book,but the edition of it I have doesnt include "the novel of the iron maid" .Whats up with that?

Also:anyone else read "the novel of the dark valley"?
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:17 PM   #18
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmmm....let me check.

However, I no longer have the LRF file, but I'll check on this.

don
Old 05-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #19
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobolover View Post
Ive sort of a dilema.Ive finished the whole book,but the edition of it I have doesnt include "the novel of the iron maid" .Whats up with that?

Also:anyone else read "the novel of the dark valley"?
What's up with that is this:

I did some research on the title, and apparently Machen himself excluded two short pieces (one of which is the "Novel of the Iron Maid") when he edited the book for a later printing.

Some recent editors, most notably Lin Carter in the 1970s during his editorship of the Ballantine Adult Fantasy series, included the two pieces.

My download of this title and subsequent assemblage of this into an LRF did not include these two short "stories."

I hope this answers your question. You are more than welcome, of course, to find these two "missing" sections and assemble them for us. ---- Hey! You'll find it's good practice for future and longer projects!

Don
Old 05-23-2008, 05:17 PM   #20
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
Oh-then I have a link to the COMPLETE text online.Anyway,the Iron maid novel couldve been REALY briliant,if Machen would indicate the man invited the guy in his house to show him his torture colection in "MORE WAYS THEN ONE"-this way,it seems kinda-

Drib-I REALY wanna talk to you about it,cause it a hell of a powerfull tale,I mean
Spoiler:
"make your amends and then I swear to god,we'll burn you alive at that tree."
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote