Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 06:25 AM   #1
anandudapudi
anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ADE, iPad
Question Epub projects in india, how to get..??

I am from bangalore. we are having company working for epub conversion, so we want to get outsourced for us. so how do we get epub projects...??
thanks in advance.
anandudapudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandudapudi View Post
I am from bangalore. we are having company working for epub conversion, so we want to get outsourced for us. so how do we get epub projects...??
thanks in advance.
Does your company actually know how to make well formatted, well coded ePub from a number of different sources? Too many ePub require too much editing due to people making the ePub doing it poorly. Yes, most of the time, the code is OK, but the formatting is very poor. And sometimes I've seen ePub source that looks like it was pulled from a Mobipocket eBook.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #3
anandudapudi
anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anandudapudi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs up [B]Epub conversion with much ease[/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does your company actually know how to make well formatted, well coded ePub from a number of different sources? Too many ePub require too much editing due to people making the ePub doing it poorly. Yes, most of the time, the code is OK, but the formatting is very poor. And sometimes I've seen ePub source that looks like it was pulled from a Mobipocket eBook.
According to what you have mentioned here, We do epub creation from any fromat ex;PDF, DOC, TXT, etc..

our services.
1. Epub creation.
2. Mobi creation.
3. epub 3
4. Math epub.
5. Indesign

Currently we are working for UK and US clients for ebooks conversion, We follow IDPF rules with single-structure, double-structure.
We are planning for expansion also, if you have any ebooks to be converted to epub or mobi format, kindly let me know. We will give best service with 99.9% accuracy.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What I'd like to know is this...

How do you format your ePub?

If I was to give you a PDF to convert to ePub, do you 100% A/B compare the ePub to the PDF to catch the errors in the conversion from PDF?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #5
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
I'm in the final stages of bug fixing my own tools and CSS for my EPUB content. In my version control repository, I have 160 revisions of those tools and CSS. The first 159 revisions almost all produced EPUB files that were 100% compliant with the specs but still looked like dingo crap on at least a few popular readers.

Unless you limit yourself to very basic markup, complying with the spec is only the first 1% of the work. The other 99% is making it actually look good everywhere.

The way you get EPUB projects is to post samples of your work. My advice would be to take a public domain work, format it, and post it somewhere so that people who are looking for those sorts of services can download it and evaluate your work.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 12:38 AM   #6
anandudapudi

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What I'd like to know is this...

How do you format your ePub?

If I was to give you a PDF to convert to ePub, do you 100% A/B compare the ePub to the PDF to catch the errors in the conversion from PDF?
Sure, We do compare 100% with PDF with our converted epub , so any bugs or mistakes occur , we will definitely fix it, make it bug free with close to 100% accuracy. So we always try to make EPub to well formed and more versatile than PDF, so that's advantage of of Epub over PDF.