Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
Oberon Cover for 950

Trying to decide between the Kindle2 and the Nook Color versions. They are both VERY close in dimensions, to the 950. Has anyone had experience with BOTH that could chime in with which one is the better fit?
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Hello, Japes. People are using both the Nook Color & Kindle 2 covers with their 950. I am using the Kindle 2 with mine. I absolutely love it! It is still like new, even after 7 months or so of daily use. I also have a DecalGirl skin. You can read my review of the Kindle 2 cover at the link below. It has pictures too.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=107167

I also have an Oberon cover for my Nook Color. I did try it with my 950 to see how it fits. The upper left-hand strap is placed differently and covers more of the screen. It is also really tight in the straps and hard to install. Overall, I am glad I went with the Kindle 2 cover. It's really a personal choice. Hope that helps!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2011, 05:30 AM   #3
Leyor
Ninja Librarian
Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Cybook 3. gen, Sony T1, Kindle Paperwhite
I've seen some very successfull fits with the PRS-950 and Oberons kindle 2 cover.
It seems to cover the top left power button a bit, but that's it.

Book_girls pictures are very telling though
Leyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
K2 cover here... but I did find out that my original Nook cover fit the Sony 950 quite well, just with less edge protection. And actually, power and WiFi button access was BETTER in the Nook cover. However, it's not bad in the K2 cover, I just use a fingernail.

Since I'm still using the Nook as a secondary reader, I opted to order a K2 cover for my Sony after talking to Bookworm Girl on the fit. K2 is also what the Oberon "leather guru" recommends over the phone.

But whether they really have actually tried the Sony in the covers, I couldn't say, because I could not get a clear answer about why it would be better than a Nook Color cover. I'm thinking their knowledge may just be from the dimensions or what people have told them rather than hands on experience with the Sony. They seemed to think that the Sony would be too loose in the NC cover, but clearly that is NOT what Bookworm_Girl has experienced!

At any rate, I'm happy enough with my K2 cover on my Sony!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
graycyn, which cover did you choose? Almost all are beautifull and the choice is soooo hard, isn't it?
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 10:13 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
graycyn, which cover did you choose? Almost all are beautifull and the choice is soooo hard, isn't it?
Yes, so beautiful! I am having a hard time resisting a sleeve for my K3.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:17 AM   #7
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Yes, VERY hard to choose! My Nook cover is the Van Gogh Sky in sky blue. My Sony cover is the Hokusai Wave in navy.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote