Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
brauckmiller
Edge User

Where did tech support go?

Called them this morning around 10am and left a message asking for a call back. Also posted in the forum on my battery seating issue.

Did they take Good Friday off? If so, it would be nice for them to let use know.

Thanks

Craig Brauckmiller

Old 04-02-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
Snow
Edge User

we have off today. we will get to your request as soon as possible Monday morning

Advert
Old 04-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #3
thefuture04
Edge User

Is your name Snow because of FFXIII?

Old 04-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #4
thefuture04
Edge User

Nice I was just going to post that but my post was too small so now I'm making it longer by adding no additional info what so ever

Old 04-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brauckmiller View Post
Did they take Good Friday off? If so, it would be nice for them to let use know.
Is this not a standard statutory holiday in the US? In Canada (and Mexico where I am now), this is as sure to be a business holiday as Christmas is.

Advert
Old 04-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
dcubed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Is this not a standard statutory holiday in the US? In Canada (and Mexico where I am now), this is as sure to be a business holiday as Christmas is.
Nope. I've never gotten Good Friday off, nor Easter Monday...

Old 04-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
brauckmiller
Edge User

You can tell that this is a very young company. They really do need to work on the polish a bit and set up a recording stating that the offices are closed in observance of the holiday. I work in the tech support field and know how much it angers customers when they have no idea that they won't get answers as one would expect during normal business hours. I'm just glad they got the forums going.

Craig Brauckmiller

Old 04-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #8
MadJakkle
Edge User

Young company or not, support needs to be around.... my Edge is on it's way to the UK as we speak and my review for this device will reach 80% of the UK audience eager for this device in approx 2 weeks, let's hope I can make it a good one

Old 04-03-2010, 08:03 PM   #9
MadJakkle
Edge User

Borisb, good point, from a personal perspective I really hope this device lives up to expectations, firstly because if it works for me it will be purchased for both my partner and child, secondly it will be purchased by at least 50 people I have had contact with in the UK after showing them the site and the youtube vid during pre sales demos. Thirdly, i cover 90% of the UK on business travels and work for the UK's No.1 IT security consultancy so this thing will have exposure at all the relevant meetings . I appreciate that Entourage aren't shipping internationally at the moment however anyone who really wants one has various means to get one therefore initial release exposure is key. I personally can't wait to get my hands on mine and have a play, a full review will be forthcoming.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #10
BobClarke
Edge User

I had a problem with the Battery door on Friday. I left a message Friday evening explaining my problem and got a reply fixing it on Saturday morning. They may not have been answering their phone on Friday but they were watching.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #11
brauckmiller
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobClarke View Post
I had a problem with the Battery door on Friday. I left a message Friday evening explaining my problem and got a reply fixing it on Saturday morning. They may not have been answering their phone on Friday but they were watching.
In some ways, this is even more irritating to me. I'm an old school guy when it comes to support. If I spend good money on a device and they offer tech support over the phone, then that is what I expect. I should not have to shotgun the support team to get an answer to a support question. They really need to be consistent with the various avenues of support they offer.

The correct approach is to announce the support hours on the forum and on the main web site so we all know when to expect a human to be available. Next, if you publicly announce a holiday, then the support folks should NOT be answering questions over email or the forum when the company has made the decision to give them a day off. This company has obviously been busting its collective hump to get the product out the door and I am sure they deserve a break, but we as customers also deserve a certain level of service and should have our expectations set appropriately.

I know they will get better as time goes on and this is growing pains.

Thanks

Craig

Old 04-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #12
Snow
Edge User

brauckmiller - you have valid expectations and raise good points, all of which I am sure will be addressed in a very timely manner. We know there are some growing pains but we try to make them as short and insignificant as possible.