Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-13-2014, 12:57 PM   #1
tedgresham
tedgresham began at the beginning.

Device: none
Conversions including format characters

I have been trying to convert my books to epub, MOBI and PDF and have run into a problem. Every time I convert the book with a description in the metadata comments box I find format characters in the final output. I remove them under the HTML tab but still when I create the book they are there. I can't find any way to keep them from being there. I want to produce a professional looking book WITH a description but format characters makes it look lousy. Here's an example. Notice the (p) and (/p) at the beginning and the end. How do I get them out?

I am using the Windows 8 reader to review the book.
tedgresham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@tedgresham - I cant see the example.

I suggest you use the mobile attachments feature see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/faq...eading_posting

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters, error, format, metadata