Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
kevn57
Connoisseur
kevn57 began at the beginning.

Device: Moonreader+
Chapters are just All Capital letters

I'm trying to do a conversion where the Chapters are just All Capital letters, is there something I can type into
TOC
Level 3 TOC (XPath expression)

That will make chapters out of the short stories in this anthology. Thanks for any help.
kevn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Are the chapters wrapped in specific tags? Check out the Chapter Detection sticky.

Note if they're not wrapped in anything special heuristics should detect all-caps chapter headings.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
kevn57
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
Are the chapters wrapped in specific tags? Check out the Chapter Detection sticky.

Note if they're not wrapped in anything special heuristics should detect all-caps chapter headings.
No specfic tags and I have Heuristic Processing enabled and all options under it are also checked. Heuristic Processing alone hasn't worked for all caps for me.

I was looking for a regex to detect all caps, with a different # of characters.
Like TITLE, LONGER TITLE, SHORT TITLE, this is useful for short story anthologies.

I think it can be done with a regular expression, but I'm not to hot with regex.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
If heuristics actually detected the chapters (check the conversion logs) then you don't need a regex, just use //h:h2, as per the sticky. If not the starting point for the regex would be something like [A-Z]{2,}.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
kevn57
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
If heuristics actually detected the chapters (check the conversion logs) then you don't need a regex, just use //h:h2, as per the sticky. If not the starting point for the regex would be something like [A-Z]{2,}.
Thanks a lot, that's regex finds the CAPS but for some reason, calibre still won't generate a TOC. I appreciate your help, and I'll keep on playing around with it. I never would have gotten the expression without your help.