Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Is this the best overall Tablet?

the more I've been looking into the the ThinkPad Lenovo I just don't see a more featured rich tablet on the market. Even though this is geared more towards business's , I can totally see this being a great personal tablet pc beyond running just apps.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/products/tablets/thinkpad/

What do you guys think?
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
It certainly sounds like it'd be at or near the top of the heap. I do like some of the pre-installed software (like ebuddy, Zinio, and Kindle), but I would much rather them just leave the software choices to the user instead of forcing them on the device.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It does look like a very nice tablet.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
the new Toshiba announced yesterday is awfully nice too. very thin BUT includes all the ports- in micro

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/01/t...-of-honeycomb/

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/01/t...ands-on-video/

but the Thinkpad hits all the checkboxes on my list

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 09-02-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
It's a nice tablet. I really like the digitizer pen.

Hardware wise I still think the thrive is the best solution for me.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
It's a nice tablet. I really like the digitizer pen.

Hardware wise I still think the thrive is the best solution for me.
thrive's full sized ports are nice indeed. I love the folio keyboard on this thing. Be interesting to see if this makes any inroads in the corporate world.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
teh new Toshiba announced yesterday is awefully nice too very thin BUT includes all the port- in micro

yeah I agree
Old 09-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
teh new Toshiba announced yesterday is awefully nice too very thin BUT includes all the port- in micro
Do you know if this Model is considered the upgrade to the thrive or is this a new line altogether.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #9
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
i think its a separate device but they havent said.

They cant have developed a whole new device in the month or so since the Thrive debuted so it had to be nearly concurrent development. Sort of like Samsung offering different sizes, the Thrive is oriented towards those who would want the swappable battery and full size ports while this AT200 is for those who like the thinness of the Sammy 10.1 but were disappointed by the lack of ports(that would be me)
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote