Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 10:19 AM   #1
kalosoft
kalosoft began at the beginning.

Device: Series 60 Phone
Hanlin V3+?

I read on some russian and bulgarian sites about a new model - Hanlin V3+
It looks the same as V3, but has the following hardware changes:
400MHz CPU
16 level grayscale screen
USB 2.0
It have just arrived at one bulgarian store:
http://get.bg/catalog/product_info.p...ducts_id=44823

Does anyone know more about the product and when it could be availabe in USA and under which brands? It looks like a good upgrade to the V3.
kalosoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Dang, that is exactly what I wanted! The faster processor, but the same form as the EZ Reader. I just don't like the single button on the Mentor Lite.
I just bough the EZ Reader and the Pocket Pro. If this one become available in the US soon I will be very sad. No more money for shiny toys right now.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalosoft View Post
400MHz CPU
USB 2.0

Does anyone know more about the product and when it could be availabe in USA and under which brands? It looks like a good upgrade to the V3.
16 level grayscale means it also has the new epson screen controller. It is likely to break all 3rd party firmware due to the need for new firmware changes.

As to the brands, there is only one US brand, Astak. I suspect that this will be just rolled into production and the older one dropped when the current stock is depleted.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
rxsz
Connoisseur
rxsz began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
side scroll location

The side scroll location seems in an awfully awkward place if holding the device in portrait mode. Though it does fall nicely under the right index finger if using in landscape mode.

Perhaps preferred default mode is now landscape???
rxsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxsz View Post
The side scroll location seems in an awfully awkward place if holding the device in portrait mode. Though it does fall nicely under the right index finger if using in landscape mode.

Perhaps preferred default mode is now landscape???
This has not changed from the beginning on the V3. The left side works fine if you fold the cover back on itself and hold it with you left hand. I tend to either hold on the left side in my left hand or at the bottom with my right. In landscape there is an issue with the unit attempting to slide out of the case. I typically use both hands with the right handing reaching the 9-0 buttons to do page turns.

Dale
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
manifestor
Connoisseur
manifestor began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZreader, Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalosoft View Post
400MHz CPU
USB 2.0

Thanks for the good news! I don't understand russian, I presume "512MB" means the storage memory? Does anyone know the amount of SDRAM on this new reader? I think it's more important than the storage memory since most of us keep the books on the SD cards anyway, and the amount of SDRAM has a direct impact on the overall performance of the reader.

The original v3 has 32MB, I hope the v3+ has more than that.

Last edited by manifestor; 03-20-2010 at 02:18 PM.
manifestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:25 PM   #7
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by manifestor View Post
Thanks for the good news! I don't understand russian, I presume "512MB" means the storage memory? Does anyone know the amount of SDRAM on this new reader? I think it's more important than the storage memory since most of us keep the books on the SD cards anyway, and the amount of SDRAM has a direct impact on the overall performance of the reader.

Here's the same site run through the Google Translator. Not sure how much this will help, though. Maybe half of it was translated, if that...

http://translate.google.com/translat...23&sl=ru&tl=en
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
Here's the same site run through the Google Translator. Not sure how much this will help, though. Maybe half of it was translated, if that...

http://translate.google.com/translat...23&sl=ru&tl=en
You get more if you use Ukrainian.

Dale
Old 03-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #9
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:

I read that it was 64MB on the V3+. http://www.lbook.ua/ru/products/lbookv3plus

If they could put wifi on it would be great. I know I didnt originally didn't want it but it would be good for syncing my periodicals with calibre.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #10
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
If it's a Bulgarian store, then use the Bulgarian translator on Google, not Ukrainian or Russian. Bulgarian uses the Cyrillic alphabet too.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A

How did Liad sneak in here? ?

Last edited by theducks; 03-21-2010 at 01:59 PM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #12
manifestor
Connoisseur
manifestor began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZreader, Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I read that it was 64MB on the V3+. http://www.lbook.ua/ru/products/lbookv3plus

If they could put wifi on it would be great. I know I didnt originally didn't want it but it would be good for syncing my periodicals with calibre.
Thanks! 64MB would perform much better than 32MB.
manifestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #13
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks! 64MB would perform much better than 32MB.
Well, at least it would handle larger files. That site is a bit confusing in that it doesn't tell how much memory is available for the firmware. I presume the 2Gig of flash disk refers to user memory for eBook storage, up from the 512 MByte of today.

Dale
Old 03-22-2010, 06:27 AM   #14
rbx33
rbx33 began at the beginning.

Device: turmoils in
It seems that the v3+ offered in Bulgaria differs from the expected lbook v3+; has 32mb sdram and 512 mb flash, maybe only the cpu and controller have been upgraded.
rbx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #15
kalosoft
kalosoft began at the beginning.

Device: Series 60 Phone
I asked Jinke about V3+ and they confirmed the new model and said that Astak will put information on their website when it's available in USA.
Now I hope Astak does not delay it for any reason. The model looks very promising.
The most accurate information about it seems to be on this Ukrainian site, which sells rebranded Hanlins for some time. A google translation:
http://translate.google.com/translat...%2Flbookv3plus
The upgraded featues of V3+ in short, compared to the V3:
- CPU Samsung 2416 Arm 9 400 MHz (vs 200MHz)
- 64MB SDRAM (vs 32MB)
- 16 shades of gray (vs 4)
- Epson controller
- USB 2.0 (vs USB 1.1)
- Linux 2.6
- SD / MMC up to 16GB
kalosoft is offline   Reply With Quote