Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-14-2014, 10:18 PM   #436
Cygnyus
Cygnyus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Sorry if this was covered already--I tried reading through this thread but I got through 12 pages without an answer...

My Kindle Touch doesn't recognize the .mobi format when I use Send-to-Kindle or manually add to the documents folder. (Side note: I converted to .azw3 format with Calibre and while it showed up on my Kindle, attempts to open it would cause the Kindle to crash).

Is there a step I'm missing here?

Edit: I was not sending the file from Calibre properly. However, I still can't get the mobi file to work without using Calibre. I'm not too fussed over it since I can view the file in the end.

Last edited by Cygnyus; 02-14-2014 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Found solution
Cygnyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:35 AM   #437
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
You can't use Send-to-Kindle and you can't convert/edit that file with Calibre.
Both will corrupt file.

You can send it with Calibre but make sure it don't convert it during upload.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #438
jrnemanich
jrnemanich began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Can anyone point me to where the "tooltips" are for description of the settings? I must be blind, but I can't seem to find it. I've checked the readme and the wiki.
jrnemanich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #439
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Strech will remove margins as much as possible. But enabling that option will break aspect ratio and it might distort image quality.

Upscale will preserve aspect ratio but in most cases pages will not occupy the entire screen.

Options in book menu are useless.
No idea about what "animation" mode you talking about.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #440
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

KCC never supported (and probably never will) sending output to Amazon.
If you done that in earlier versions - I'm surprised that file even opened.
Advert
Old 03-12-2014, 02:55 PM   #441
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Fit to screen is completely useless. That option should not even be enabled. MOBI files created by KCC support Panel View.

Enable Upscale and use Panel View. And you will not have any margins if source images are high quality.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 03-12-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #442
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I'm not planing to test that. As that feature is completely redundant.

Don't link copyrighted material here.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 03-12-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #443
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
Piracy is the fastest way to get yourself banned. There will be no warnings, and no second chances. Post a link to pirated material and the result is an instant ban.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:40 AM   #444
hatde130113
Enthusiast
hatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite gen 2
Dear all,

Could anyone help me solve the problem of KindleStrip 1.3.6 unable to strip mobi genrated by Kindlegen 2.9 lastest version (cannot find source section)?
hatde130113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:44 AM   #445
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Well if we talking about KCC output - It is already stripped.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:21 AM   #446
maynee
maynee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello, I keep getting an error when converting in webtoons mode, doesn't happen with normal mode. Tried different computers and different source files, always got the same error. Any idea what is causing this? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.PNG
Views:	212
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	120169  
maynee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:25 AM   #447
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Known bug. It will be fixed in next release.
Stll waiting for PyQT 5.2.1. When it will be out - I'm releasing new version.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 03-13-2014 at 05:27 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:27 AM   #448
maynee
maynee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
OK thanks
maynee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:02 AM   #449
hatde130113
Enthusiast
hatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite gen 2
Dear all, how to make book cover (add to kcc output using mobiperl) on win8 to meet standard kindle cover? Which size is proper to paperwhite 2? One more issue is how to run mobiperl on osx? Hope to hear your advice. Thanks a lot!
hatde130113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:31 AM   #450
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

First image is automatically added as cover.
Upload ready file with Calibre (But don't convert it!) to get better cover quality.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 03-14-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools