Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
Shawnyve
Shawnyve began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Error Adding HTML files

I've just realized an issue when I added all my ebooks ages ago. All my html books were added as zip files and are inaccessible. I can find no way to fix this... I discovered it when I was adding a single html file today and couldn't do it. When I poked around, I found over 300 zip format books but no html ones. I only use calibre sporadically so am far from an expert.

Does anyone have any clue what went wrong and what i can do to fix it?

I tried searching the forum for this but had no luck
Shawnyve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnyve View Post
I've just realized an issue when I added all my ebooks ages ago. All my html books were added as zip files and are inaccessible. I can find no way to fix this... I discovered it when I was adding a single html file today and couldn't do it. When I poked around, I found over 300 zip format books but no html ones. I only use calibre sporadically so am far from an expert.

Does anyone have any clue what went wrong and what i can do to fix it?
This is standard behavior because html files often call other htmls files and images. Calibre zips up all/any files associated with the main html file you added.

If you wish to view these files go to Preferences - Behavior and check the zip box under the Use internal viewer for: area. Or convert the zip files to ePub since calibre's viewer is a ePub viewer and will convert the zips to ePub on the fly to view them internally.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #3
Shawnyve
Shawnyve began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Uhg. Really? Converting 300+ files is going to be a real pita. Oh well, at least there is something I can do.

Thank you for the quick response. I appreciate it.
Shawnyve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnyve View Post
Uhg. Really? Converting 300+ files is going to be a real pita. Oh well, at least there is something I can do.

Thank you for the quick response. I appreciate it.
Calibre knows how to convert from a HTML (zipped)... No Pita
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote