Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 03:13 AM   #361
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Komic has some problems under 5.3.2 firmware, so if you use it it's better stay with the 5.1.2 until I have time to fix everything!!
Thanks for your support!!!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #362
msxer
msxer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I've tried to run update from Komic 2.0 menu on launcher and now my kindle is not responding. Already tried turning it off and on. Any help?

I wasn't holding the power button long enough. Now it's back to normal. I will uninstall komic 2.0 and make a fresh install of version 2.1.

Last edited by msxer; 01-26-2013 at 12:42 PM. Reason: problem solved
msxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #363
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for letting me know this...
May I know the firmware on your Kindle Touch?
What did you see on your screen during the update (i.e. sort of instruction...)?
Old 01-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #364
msxer
msxer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Firmware 5.1.2
I last thing I saw was "press the home button to start" or something like that. First the kindle start to slow down on navigating through menus and after a while it stopped responding. If I turned it off and on the screen would stay on screensaver but with the menu appearing over it but not working. Sometimes the screen would blink but nothing more than that.
msxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #365
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
sounds like an imagemagick process gone bonkers maybe. probably never happen again lol
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #366
silver18
THE NOOB

Mmmm...it's strange since the script contains just curl to check and download the update, unzip and little more...
Old 01-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #367
silver18
THE NOOB

Komic is on the road again (for 5.3.2 firmware)!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #368
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Komic is on the road again (for 5.3.2 firmware)!
I tried it on 5.3.2 but it crashes with "Application Error": "the selected application ... "
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #369
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I tried it on 5.3.2 but it crashes with "Application Error": "the selected application ... "
That's true...
I mean that I'm solving every single problem with the new firmware and, in the meanwhile, I'm adding something new.
Please wait for the new release (v2.2)!!

Sorry for the misunderstanding!
Old 01-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #370
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Please wait for the new release (v2.2)!!
Sorry for the misunderstanding!
no problem

waiting
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #371
silver18
THE NOOB

Next release won't *probably* use the naming scheme anymore.
It will read file names directly when opening a comic.
I'm currently testing it and it ***seems*** to work.
I just need to add a backward compatibility with the old naming scheme!!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:28 AM   #372
silver18
THE NOOB

I would just let you know what I'm working on.
I definitely removed the rename script so komic now reads every file name. This should also let us use any type of image extension (jpg, png, gif....)!
As a result, we have to wait approximately 5 seconds after the comic choice: this time is needed to create the new list of files and update the JS script.

Another plus of this is that we don't need to count pages on startup.

I moved the decompress script inside komic as well as the move screenshots.
I plan to run the move screenshot after actually having taken a screenshot.

I won't include the check and download updates in next release: it relies on this thread and on mediafire and it is highly probably it fails if anything is changed.

In the end, the extension will have only the run script!

I tried to remove all memory leakage and I added a function to free some memory every 15 pages. I tried this with the automatic page turner and it proved to work fine (no crashes). BTW, the memory management is directly connected to the file size, so, as always, light images are the best choice.

I can now provide a page refresh function: you can choose the amount of pages between a full refresh of the screen and another.

Finally, I did my best to cut every unneeded part of code and to optimize the rest: I'm currently doing "labor limae" on the whole application.

Last things I plan to do are:
- check if I can provide pinch to zoom (it worked before 5.3.2!)
- remove the time delay between page turn and the application of contrast settings
Old 02-07-2013, 04:36 AM   #373
silver18
THE NOOB

I forgot a last thing!
Next release will work on kindle touch 5.3.2 and NOT on previous firmwares.
This is due to the changes made by amazon.
So, if you still have 5.1.2 firmware, stick with komic 2.1!

As regards paperwhite, I ***expect*** it works BUT I also expect lots of glitches in the GUI due to the different resolution.
I can't fix it as I don't own a paperwhite. BTW, anyone with some skills in CSS and HTML can fix it (and it could also be good way to correct my code!).
Obviously, thanks to Ixtab, Twobob and all the other for KUAL!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:59 AM   #374
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
I forgot a last thing!
Next release will work on kindle touch 5.3.2 and NOT on previous firmwares.
This is due to the changes made by amazon.
So, if you still have 5.1.2 firmware, stick with komic 2.1!

As regards paperwhite, I ***expect*** it works BUT I also expect lots of glitches in the GUI due to the different resolution.
I can't fix it as I don't own a paperwhite. BTW, anyone with some skills in CSS and HTML can fix it (and it could also be good way to correct my code!).
Obviously, thanks to Ixtab, Twobob and all the other for KUAL!!!
And I would be very interested to see al list of changes you had to make.

There is a pile of WAF stuff that needs 5.3.2ing and if the only way is to provide two copies (PRE and POST 5.3.2) as "mesquites" then sobeit.

Big wishes for fortune on your quest for compliance.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #375
silver18
THE NOOB

Converting a WAF to match 5.3.2 conditions is only a matter of changing che corresponding entry in appreg.db (mesquites...)!
As regards Komic, I had some problems with the GUI (I needed to resize the page and change something else). But this is probably related to me not being a good HTML/CSS coder!

Tags
launcher add-ons