Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #1
sheilalayoli
sheilalayoli began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader pRS 505, Amazon kindle DX
How to make collections in Sony Reader 505

Hello I have recently bought a Sony Reader PRS 505, I have a doubt I do not know how to make collections in the device, Can you help me? Thank you
sheilalayoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you read the manual? It's explained pretty clearly in there!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #3
sheilalayoli

I red the instructions in the ebook library help but I can not finde the first step

You can create a collection. You can group the books in the Library, the Reader, a compatible memory card inserted in the Reader, or a compatible memory card on the computer, according to purpose.

Click "Library," "Sony's Reader," "Memory Stick on Sony's Reader," "SD Card on Sony's Reader," "Memory Stick on PC," "SD Card on PC" or "Memory Card on PC" in the Source view.

A collection will be created on the item which is selected in the Source view.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
moneytoo
Enthusiast
moneytoo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Just click on the "+" (bottom left) button in eBook Library when is Sony Reader internal memory selected and create new collection.
moneytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:13 AM   #5
sheilalayoli

Hi, thank you for the answer but when I do that the ebook library displays an erro, closes and my device is disabled
Advert
Old 11-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Here is what I do...
When I have my 505 plugged into the USB port and Ebook Library running and in the left hand pain it shows Sony Reader, I double click where it says Sony Reader. Then once that is expanded, I make sure I have Sony Reader selected. Then I click the + at the bottom and it creates a collection which I then rename. And from Books or Sony Reader, I drag the books into the collection I want them in.

If I was doing this on a memory card, it would be the same process but I would be highlighting the memory card instead of the Sony Reader for the internal memory.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:20 PM   #7
lucky
lucky began at the beginning.

well, i created a collection highlighting SD Memory card in eBook Library but unfortunately it doesn't appear in my Reader once i disconnect the USB Any solutions? or is it like collections can only be created for internal memory? plz help as i store lot of pdf files in SD card and it's kind of messed up if there is no way i can access my collections that i have created for Memory cards, in Digital reader!
Thanks in advance...

Reader: Sony PRS-505
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:23 AM   #8
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
After you created the collection, did you drag and drop books into it? I don't believe empty collections show up at all. They can be created on the internal memory or memory card.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky View Post
well, i created a collection highlighting SD Memory card in eBook Library but unfortunately it doesn't appear in my Reader once i disconnect the USB Any solutions? or is it like collections can only be created for internal memory? plz help as i store lot of pdf files in SD card and it's kind of messed up if there is no way i can access my collections that i have created for Memory cards, in Digital reader!
Thanks in advance...

Reader: Sony PRS-505
Hi, lucky:

Welcome to MobileRead.

You should know that a lot of PDF files may slow down your Reader when loading them to read. Also, they may display poorly, especially if they have been formatted to display on an 8 1/2 x 11 paper.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:48 AM   #10
lucky
lucky began at the beginning.

Thanks to Trial & Error! :)

Hi folks, thank you for replying... but i was able to figure it out by myself after going through a lot of trial & error methods. well, i don't know what concept the reader is using but previously i tried adding like 150 pdf files at a time after creating a collection in SD Memory card and it always used to vanish after disconnecting the USB. so, this time i tried adding 15 files only, at one point of connection and bingo! it worked and i was able to see my collection in reader. thus, i reconnected the reader every time to add 15 files only, using my USB. it was really a time consuming process but this is the only way i could figure out to have all my files in the collection.

my question is.... did anyone try a different method to add more than 50 files at a time to the collection in SD memory card so that they could access it in reader? if so, then plz let me know the way you did and i really appreciate that...
anyways, i am still happy for having all my files in the collection which is now accessible from Reader ... thanks again for suggestions.

Last edited by lucky; 05-29-2009 at 01:51 AM.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:08 AM   #11
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky View Post
did anyone try a different method to add more than 50 files at a time to the collection in SD memory card so that they could access it in reader? if so, then plz let me know the way you did and i really appreciate that...
I wrote a tool for creating collections and it can handle 80 books in a collection (the largest collection I have) without a problem.
Collection Builder
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #12
Nancito
Nancito began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS505
I wanted to create some Collections with my Sony PRS-600 but since I have misplaced the instruction manual I didn't know how to do it. Fortunately I remembered the Mobileread Forum and how you all have helped me before, and I found the answer here. Once more I've been saved! Thanks everyone.
Nancito is offline   Reply With Quote