Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-06-2003, 02:02 PM   #1
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Minority Report and Jurassic Park

Hey,

Did not see Minority Report in the theatres but the book is great!!! Makes me want to see the movie.

I am currently reading Jurassic Park. Great book!!! The book is better then the movie.
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 02:19 PM   #2
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Re: Minority Report and Jurassic Park

Quote:
I am currently reading Jurassic Park. Great book!!! The book is better then the movie.
Have you read Crichton's TIMELINE? One of my favs (being a medieval buff and all), and will be released in movie version this November. Based on the first trailer I've seen, it looks like the director thought "what book? you mean there's a book out on this screenplay?" Oh well...
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 03:51 PM   #3
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Since we are on books by Michael Crichton that have been made into movies, Disclosure was a much better book than movie (and Sphere for that matter).

JP was a better book too, but the movie was fun.
brahamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 01:02 AM   #4
Izaac
Izaac began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NR70V
hey visorprismman, I strongly recommend you see the Minority Report movie - its a very good representation of the book and well worth seeing. the tech aspects are very well handled and all very believable which makes the experience all the more plausable. Don't miss it - particularly on the big screen.

Cheers,
Izaac
Izaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 01:49 PM   #5
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
I'll Do That
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 05:17 PM   #6
vitalyb
vitalyb began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch Pro
Sphere

Sphere is an amazing book. It is a shame that the movie f***ed it so much.
vitalyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 10:34 AM   #7
javabird
Enthusiast
javabird began at the beginning.

Device: Clie T615C
I agree. Sphere is one of my favorite Crichton books. The movie didn't even come close.
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 10:44 AM   #8
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Quote:
Originally posted by javabird
I agree. Sphere is one of my favorite Crichton books. The movie didn't even come close.
The movie sucked!!! It was about as tense as an episode of Scooby Doo, and not even as well scripted. Which is a puzzle to me. It's directed by Barry Levinson, it stars famous actors (Dustin Hoffman, Sharon Stone, Samuel L. Jackson), and it's based on a book by Michael Crichton, a master of sci-fi writing. Sometimes I don't understand the Hollywood industry...
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote