Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
JimmyG
Zealot
JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Touch, Voyage
Is there some setting in Sigil that will cause the Book View to ignore styles

Everything was working fine, but all of a sudden the Book View no longer follows any of the style classes in my style sheet. It was doing so before. I saved the book and opened it in Kindle Previewer which does show the styles. The only thing I can think of is the book got too big? It's at 1.320 MB and growing.

I got the idea to restart it and see if that would help. When I restarted it, it informed me that there was a new version. Downloaded that and installed it. But the Book view is still not following the class definitions.

I have for p {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;text-indent:2em;} It is following that.

But I have p.date {text-align:left;text-indent:0;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom:0;margin-top:1.5em;} It shows a regular paragraph.

I also have p.hdg {text-align:center;text-indent:0;font-weight:bold;} Again, it shows it as a regular paragraph.

I haven't knowingly changed any settings since it was displaying the way it should. Anyone have any ideas?

On further checking, it is following some classes: rt which is simply align-right, it is following, and ni which is no indent, it is following. But those two classes above, date and hdg it is ignoring.

Last edited by JimmyG; 12-09-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Added information
JimmyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
JimmyG
Zealot
JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Touch, Voyage
Never mind, I found the problem. Somehow a closing curly bracket got deleted, so the classes preceding were working and those following weren't. I'm amazed Previewer ignored it and displayed everything properly.
JimmyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyG View Post
Never mind, I found the problem. Somehow a closing curly bracket got deleted, so the classes preceding were working and those following weren't. I'm amazed Previewer ignored it and displayed everything properly.
That will do it.

ADE is even fussier. Mess up a colon or semicolon
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote