Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Invalid Page

Recently, I had finished editing a book that I have scanned myself. As usual, I had edited the book in Word and then converted to lrf finally uploading to my reader using Calibre.

When I came to check the file on the reader, I was shocked to see a triangle in the middle of the screen with 'Invalid Page' written underneath. Next page was the same until I hit page 5 when it seemed to be okay. I then went back a page and the pages now all seemed okay.

Is this something I need to worry about? Is it an indication of a problem about to start? Should I just ignore it as a glitch?

Many thanks,
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sounds like a problem with the file. Have you tried viewing it in the "Connect" software on the PC?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
This often happens when the cache file becomes corrupted. Have the cache rebuilt (by deleting it, removing the book information from it or by renaming the book's file).
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #4
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
As for indication: In my experience it is often followed by a reboot of the reader and re-creation of the cache file. If you have some important info in it (e.g. bookmarks), better back it up. Other than that it's not dangerous.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #5
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks all.

I think I'll delete everything and start again No bookmarks or anything - just need to note the page of my current book.

Again, Thank you - a relief there is nothing wrong!

Edit: Looks like there was definately corruption. Plugged the device back in and calibre started to complain about the media.xml file... I tried to delete and recreate but calibre still complained. In the end, I just formated and started from scratch - gave me a chance to clean up some of the book titles and tags so not all bad

Last edited by PieOPah; 04-12-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Better than a new post!
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:08 AM   #6
Dr. Faustus
Dr. Faustus began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
This error happined to me when in Calibre deleting the words 'Microsoft Word' and 'Microsoft Powerpoint' in the added book title. I am still trying to find out how to get the correct titles in mij reader without the addition Microsoft ...
Dr. Faustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #7
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Faustus View Post
This error happined to me when in Calibre deleting the words 'Microsoft Word' and 'Microsoft Powerpoint' in the added book title. I am still trying to find out how to get the correct titles in mij reader without the addition Microsoft ...
Wow where did you find such an old thread?

Just to be sure I understand you right, did you send a book to the T1 with calibre, started reading it then modified the e-pub and then sent it to the reader again?

If so you need to delete the book on the device (probably best if you do it on the device itself by holding your finger on the book and selecting delete) and then send it again.

Edit: Why did I think I've read you had a T1? It doesn't say so anywhere.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #8
Dr. Faustus
Dr. Faustus began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
Wow where did you find such an old thread?

Just to be sure I understand you right, did you send a book to the T1 with calibre, started reading it then modified the e-pub and then sent it to the reader again?

If so you need to delete the book on the device (probably best if you do it on the device itself by holding your finger on the book and selecting delete) and then send it again.

Edit: Why did I think I've read you had a T1? It doesn't say so anywhere.
Correct, on the new T1 this happined. To state it correct I modified the name before tranferring to the T1, that's when the error occured.
Dr. Faustus is offline   Reply With Quote